I would have been happy to see Edwards go to jail. He went to trial and was acquitted by a jury. Do you understand how that works? As for D'Souza being treated fairly and equitably, he also had the option of going to trial and would have possibly been acquitted. He chose not to do that and admitted his guilt. Knowing that, are you surprised he was then actually sentenced?

USPS: Where The Customer Is Always Last

ca7 Wrote: Sep 22, 2014 2:50 PM
I absolutely agree with everything you say. I, however, live in large city and also receive mostly good service at our local post office. And, yes, they do deserve lunch breaks as much as the author of this column deserves one. I'm glad you pointed that out.

USPS: Where The Customer Is Always Last

ca7 Wrote: Sep 22, 2014 2:08 PM
Can you get bad service at a post office? Sure. You can get terrible service at McDonalds and Walmart, too. I don't go to the post office very often but 9 out of 10 times it's a fairly pleasant experience with cordial and efficient service. My mailman is also very nice and almost always arrives within a 1 hour window of time. It sounds like Katie is one of those people that goes into an interaction expecting to be disappointed and then just focuses on the negative. As for Katie's desire for a "Yelp" for post office experiences, she might want to try using Yelp. (note to Katie: try researching before you write your columns) As for the USPS in general, I don't have any particular loyalty to them and it's probably time for it to go out of business. It is amazing, however, that we can still send a physical letter across the country in 2-3 days for under 50 cents. I personally just don't have much need for that service anymore.

Quit Defending Abuse

ca7 Wrote: Sep 19, 2014 5:21 PM
Try reading the column before commenting.

Quit Defending Abuse

ca7 Wrote: Sep 19, 2014 5:19 PM
" I got the switch treatment, too, and lived to tell the story." So if you live to tell the story it's ok? I was molested by a relative as a child and lived to tell the story. I guess that is ok to then since I lived through it. Did you even see the pictures of the abuse in this case?
According to Govtrack.us, over their entire careers in Congress, the other Alaska Senator, Lisa Murkowski (R), actually missed more votes (4.7%) than Begich (4.5%).

Marijuana vs. Scotch and a Low IQ

ca7 Wrote: Aug 21, 2014 6:01 PM
"One takes it in a brownie or cookie for an even more immediate effect" This is just wrong. It takes longer for the effect when eating pot.
Did I say 10 years is appropriate? Try reading.
So if I have a legal same sex marriage in Iowa, I should be able to cross over into Nebraska and have it recognized? I agree that CCP should be reciprocal (just as I think marriage licenses for same sex marriages should be reciprocal) but until it is, it is the individual's responsibility to follow the laws of both the state she lives in and the law of the state she crossed over into.

Hey Mork, We Had a Deal!

ca7 Wrote: Aug 15, 2014 12:26 PM
What an oddly selfish take on someone losing their battle with mental illness. No, Robin Williams and the author did not have a contract. Robin Williams didn't owe this author anything.