Over the last few months, it has been absolutely stunning to see Mitt Romney, of all people, portrayed as some sort of greedy, ruthless, unfeeling corporate raider who plows over everyone who gets in his way so he can make a few dollars more. Of all the criticisms you could aim at Mitt Romney, there is none that has less validity than that one. In fact, the vast majority of people who read this column -- whether they're liberal, conservative, or moderate -- probably don't personally know a single person who has proven to be more generous and compassionate than...
Actually Anonymous2445, I would prefer the VA is fully funded by our tax dollars, as they should be. So contrary to everything you said here, I don't think it was Romney's job to fund the VA's milk fund by himself. Instead it is our shared responsibility (you, me, and Romney) to fund the VA's milk fund. See, here is the difference: Romney saw a need there and filled it but didn't look to see if that need was simply the one hospital or a systemic need. I would prefer to find out if this is a need elsewhere and find a solution that goes beyond just filling the need right in front of me. Then again, I am a liberal.
- Autopsy shows Michael Brown shot twice at close range Ed Morrissey 17 mins ago
- Christie “tired of hearing about the minimum wage.” Mistake? Jazz Shaw 47 mins ago
- Dems: We’re keeping Pelosi even if we lose Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Shaheen approves of Obama except when she doesn’t Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Kochs’ next dastardly deed: Creating good public defenders for low-income accused Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago