Over the last few months, it has been absolutely stunning to see Mitt Romney, of all people, portrayed as some sort of greedy, ruthless, unfeeling corporate raider who plows over everyone who gets in his way so he can make a few dollars more. Of all the criticisms you could aim at Mitt Romney, there is none that has less validity than that one. In fact, the vast majority of people who read this column -- whether they're liberal, conservative, or moderate -- probably don't personally know a single person who has proven to be more generous and compassionate than...
Actually Anonymous2445, I would prefer the VA is fully funded by our tax dollars, as they should be. So contrary to everything you said here, I don't think it was Romney's job to fund the VA's milk fund by himself. Instead it is our shared responsibility (you, me, and Romney) to fund the VA's milk fund. See, here is the difference: Romney saw a need there and filled it but didn't look to see if that need was simply the one hospital or a systemic need. I would prefer to find out if this is a need elsewhere and find a solution that goes beyond just filling the need right in front of me. Then again, I am a liberal.
- Blair: The West had better not rule out ground troops Ed Morrissey 13 mins ago
- Among us: Officials confirm American ISIS fighters have returned to United States Noah Rothman 53 mins ago
- Buzzfeed finds more lifted text in Mary Burke’s campaign; Update: Burke: Hey, no biggie Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Will the press find Panetta and Clinton’s pangs of conscience as compelling as Colin Powell’s? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- “F*** it, I quit”: Alaska reporter resigns on air after revealing she runs the cannabis club she just reported on Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- What does the Hillary-Alinksy letter reveal? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago