The answer was yes. They explained that they had strongly supported Ronald Reagan, and then they supported George H.W. Bush because they had supported Reagan, and then supported George...
In response to:
In January 2008, at a John McCain rally in Columbia, S.C., I asked a number of local politicos to look back to the brutal 2000 Republican primary in their state, the one between McCain and George W. Bush. They had all supported Bush back then, and I asked whether, given the inconclusive wars, runaway federal spending and economic catastrophe of the next eight years, they felt they made the right choice.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 14 hours ago