The answer was yes. They explained that they had strongly supported Ronald Reagan, and then they supported George H.W. Bush because they had supported Reagan, and then supported George...
In response to:
In January 2008, at a John McCain rally in Columbia, S.C., I asked a number of local politicos to look back to the brutal 2000 Republican primary in their state, the one between McCain and George W. Bush. They had all supported Bush back then, and I asked whether, given the inconclusive wars, runaway federal spending and economic catastrophe of the next eight years, they felt they made the right choice.
- Building blocks of the GOP Senate majority coming together Noah Rothman 51 mins ago
- Jim Webb: I’m seriously thinking of running for president as a Democrat Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Climate change so important that cable news ignored Obama’s UN speech Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Bill O’Reilly: Why not raise a 25,000-man global mercenary army to fight ISIS? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Semi-retired president now saluting Marines with coffee in hand Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: MNsure renewal process nonexistent Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago