I say we're best off if government just leaves us alone to our peaceful cooperation with whomever we please. Let politicians advocate moral behavior. Let them give to charities. But leave government -- which is physical force -- out of it....
I wouldn't mind if conservatives said, "Hey, I like Gary Johnson, he'd make a better president than Mitt Romney, but he can't win so we should vote for Romney." But instead they trash libertarian thinking candidates. This shows their hypocrisy when they say they support limited government.
All political candidates call themselves freedom-lovers, but they are not. Neither major party really opposes government control of the economy or of our personal lives. I'm a libertarian because I see the false choice offered by political left and right: Democrats talk about personal liberty; Republicans talk about economic freedom. But what they do once in power belies their words.
- Advice to campaigning Democrats: Maybe avoid mentioning the term economic “recovery” Erika Johnsen 39 minutes ago
- Western states debate retaking control of federal lands Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Reflecting on Kelo nine years later Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Video: Obama signs bill blocking Iranian UN envoy from entry Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- MSNBC host debates Michele Fiore on Bundy ranch. Does not fare well. Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- A Trojan Horse on amnesty in the defense bill? Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago