Gambling and Government

c136 Wrote: Apr 02, 2014 10:21 AM
I totally agree. It's hard for me to get past the fact that a free person should be allowed to do whatever he wants as long as it doesn't violate someone else's right. I don't care about the "Greater Good". End of debate as far as I'm concerned.

Spring Clean Government

c136 Wrote: Mar 19, 2014 5:17 PM
Every politician, liberal or conservative, promises to cut waste, fraud and abuse, but they never do. All government programs, by their very nature, have waste, fraud and abuse. The only way to reduce government is to eliminate programs entirely, you can't make them more efficient. You just have to figure out which programs are really necessary and live with the waste.

Budget Baloney

c136 Wrote: Mar 05, 2014 2:25 PM
I agree. They play accounting tricks with the deficit. A more accurate way to measure the deficit is to see how much the total debt increases. I think the total debt is harder to fudge because they have to pay interest on it. So they can't pretend it doesn't exist.

Budget Baloney

c136 Wrote: Mar 05, 2014 12:24 PM
That 161B stat is misleading. When Bush took office the total debt was 5.6T and when he left it was 10.7T. That's over a 600B increase in total debt each year. However Obama has increased the total debt by over 2 trillion a year in the 5 years he's been in office. So it's more like 3 times not 9. But the more important point is that if a republican would've been elected the debt would've still gone way up. Probably not as much as under Obama but it still would've gone way up.

End the Fed

c136 Wrote: Oct 31, 2013 11:21 AM
It's important to educate people on the importance of the fed. Even if educated most people are not going to do anything about it, but at least when the dollar crashes it will be harder to blame it on "free markets". My guess is that when the dollar crashes it will first show up in gas prices and politicians will try to blame it on Big Oil.

Make Trade, Not War

c136 Wrote: Sep 18, 2013 4:11 PM
None of that was reason enough for us to attack Iraq. Same with Syria. Anyone who thinks attacking Iraq was justified but not Syria (or vice versa) is a hypocrite.

9/11: America's Unfinished Business

c136 Wrote: Sep 11, 2013 12:02 PM
Wrong. I'm a libertarian. I don't change my positions according to who is president.

9/11: America's Unfinished Business

c136 Wrote: Sep 11, 2013 11:35 AM
Sorry, typo, Iraq.

Road to Damascus

c136 Wrote: Sep 11, 2013 10:41 AM
You're falsely assuming that "taking the fight to them" will end up with less US victims. Besides, where are we going to get the money?

Beware Warrior Cops

c136 Wrote: Aug 21, 2013 12:23 PM
If you're a cop and you're ordered to break into someone's home, what are you supposed to do? Quit and go on welfare? It's the politicians fault for waging war on innocent citizens.