This piece came out in yesterday's Wall Street Journal, but its content is too important to let it glide past without sufficient amplification. Its authors are Chris Cox (a former Congressman and SEC Chairman) and Bill Archer (the former Chair of the House Ways and Means Committee). Both were members of President Clinton's bipartisan commission on tax and entitlement reform in 1994. As today's politicians bicker over the minutiae of a deal to avert the man-made disaster known as the "fiscal cliff," Cox and Archer warn that America is headed toward a far more dangerous precipice if our...
That's not so bad. We just need to collect $10,000 from everyone on the planet and then we'll only owe 7 trillion. This is so simple I can't believe everyone is so upset.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Will 2014 be the year that Jews support the GOP? Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Flashpoint Hong Kong: China rules out democracy for the former British territory Noah Rothman 14 hours ago
- Your tax dollars at work: PBS to air pro-abortion “After Tiller” movie tomorrow Dustin Siggins 16 hours ago
- NFL Regular Season open thread Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago
- Et tu, Di Fi? Feinstein sours on Obama’s ‘too cautious’ approach to ISIS Noah Rothman 19 hours ago