This piece came out in yesterday's Wall Street Journal, but its content is too important to let it glide past without sufficient amplification. Its authors are Chris Cox (a former Congressman and SEC Chairman) and Bill Archer (the former Chair of the House Ways and Means Committee). Both were members of President Clinton's bipartisan commission on tax and entitlement reform in 1994. As today's politicians bicker over the minutiae of a deal to avert the man-made disaster known as the "fiscal cliff," Cox and Archer warn that America is headed toward a far more dangerous precipice if our...
That's not so bad. We just need to collect $10,000 from everyone on the planet and then we'll only owe 7 trillion. This is so simple I can't believe everyone is so upset.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 mins ago
- Teamsters appeal to “Top Chef” for employment by threatening to bash in Padma Lakshmi’s face Mary Katharine Ham 47 mins ago
- Rick Perry: It’s entirely possible that ISIS has already crossed the southern border Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- “Today is a miraculous day”: Dr. Kent Brantly speaks after recovering from Ebola Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- YouGov poll: Most Americans, and most Democrats, do not wish Hillary had won in 2008 Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Report: Obama’s Bergdahl swap violated the law Noah Rothman 3 hours ago