This piece came out in yesterday's Wall Street Journal, but its content is too important to let it glide past without sufficient amplification. Its authors are Chris Cox (a former Congressman and SEC Chairman) and Bill Archer (the former Chair of the House Ways and Means Committee). Both were members of President Clinton's bipartisan commission on tax and entitlement reform in 1994. As today's politicians bicker over the minutiae of a deal to avert the man-made disaster known as the "fiscal cliff," Cox and Archer warn that America is headed toward a far more dangerous precipice if our...
That's not so bad. We just need to collect $10,000 from everyone on the planet and then we'll only owe 7 trillion. This is so simple I can't believe everyone is so upset.
- Most transparent administration ever closes Apollo 11 anniversary event to press Mary Katharine Ham 33 minutes ago
- Chuck Schumer: What say we have fully open primaries from now on? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Univision anchor: No government should be in the business of deporting children Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Florida dad who beat son’s alleged molester to a pulp: I went to get a butcher knife to finish him off Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- ISIS Update: Sophisticated strategic advance puts Baghdad in the crosshairs Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Ways and Means Committee: We’ve learned that Lois Lerner’s hard drive was scratched — but data was recoverable Allahpundit 3 hours ago