This piece came out in yesterday's Wall Street Journal, but its content is too important to let it glide past without sufficient amplification. Its authors are Chris Cox (a former Congressman and SEC Chairman) and Bill Archer (the former Chair of the House Ways and Means Committee). Both were members of President Clinton's bipartisan commission on tax and entitlement reform in 1994. As today's politicians bicker over the minutiae of a deal to avert the man-made disaster known as the "fiscal cliff," Cox and Archer warn that America is headed toward a far more dangerous precipice if our...
That's not so bad. We just need to collect $10,000 from everyone on the planet and then we'll only owe 7 trillion. This is so simple I can't believe everyone is so upset.
- Grand Jury in Michael Brown shooting under scrutiny following tweets Jazz Shaw 22 mins ago
- Intel and military sources: We could have hit “Khorasan” in June Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Sources: DOJ won’t file civil-rights charges against George Zimmerman for shooting Trayvon Martin Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Panetta memoir blames Obama for collapse in Iraq Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- 80 people being monitored in Dallas area for Ebola; Update: 100? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- White House: No plans to block flights from ebola countries Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago