This piece came out in yesterday's Wall Street Journal, but its content is too important to let it glide past without sufficient amplification. Its authors are Chris Cox (a former Congressman and SEC Chairman) and Bill Archer (the former Chair of the House Ways and Means Committee). Both were members of President Clinton's bipartisan commission on tax and entitlement reform in 1994. As today's politicians bicker over the minutiae of a deal to avert the man-made disaster known as the "fiscal cliff," Cox and Archer warn that America is headed toward a far more dangerous precipice if our...
That's not so bad. We just need to collect $10,000 from everyone on the planet and then we'll only owe 7 trillion. This is so simple I can't believe everyone is so upset.
- Shaheen approves of Obama except when she doesn’t Jazz Shaw 27 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Kochs’ next dastardly deed: Creating good public defenders for low-income accused Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Reading the early voting tea leaves: Republicans closing the gap Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- White House to red-state Democrats: Don’t blame Precious if you lose Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- ISIS mortar shells now landing in Baghdad’s Green Zone Noah Rothman 12 hours ago