This piece came out in yesterday's Wall Street Journal, but its content is too important to let it glide past without sufficient amplification. Its authors are Chris Cox (a former Congressman and SEC Chairman) and Bill Archer (the former Chair of the House Ways and Means Committee). Both were members of President Clinton's bipartisan commission on tax and entitlement reform in 1994. As today's politicians bicker over the minutiae of a deal to avert the man-made disaster known as the "fiscal cliff," Cox and Archer warn that America is headed toward a far more dangerous precipice if our...
That's not so bad. We just need to collect $10,000 from everyone on the planet and then we'll only owe 7 trillion. This is so simple I can't believe everyone is so upset.
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Advice to campaigning Democrats: Maybe avoid mentioning the term economic “recovery” Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- Western states debate retaking control of federal lands Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- Reflecting on Kelo nine years later Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- Video: Obama signs bill blocking Iranian UN envoy from entry Ed Morrissey 18 hours ago