The simplistic, if understandable, answer to that question for many conservatives is right now. The national debt has surpassed our GDP, we're borrowing 40 cents of every dollar we spend, and our unpaid-for federal obligations already exceed $80 trillion. We're in dire straits; there's no escaping that. But there's also no escaping certain political realities: The public isn't feeling especially charitable toward Congressional Republicans these days, Democrats control 55 Senate seats, and this president will occupy the Oval Office for the next four years. If the GOP is seeking to apply pressure on the Left to improve our...
In response to:
All funding for all illegals, funding for PP, husseincare, EBT cards, to name a few, oh yea, funding for the hussein!
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Lundergan Grimes: Iron Dome is great for keeping Hamas from tunneling into Israel Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Organizing for Action asks WaPo to recognize its work, with hilarious results Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- S.E. Cupp: It’s a myth that conservatism is hostile to atheism Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Chuck Todd: Democrats and Republicans should be embarrassed by this impeachment nonsense Guy Benson 10 hours ago
- GAO investigation: Why, yes, the Healthcare.gov disaster was the result of terrible government management Allahpundit 11 hours ago