Regardless of one’s position on the High Court’s infamous decision forty years ago today to legalize abortion “[a]t any stage of pregnancy, for any reason,” most Americans -- not to mention legal scholars and academics -- recognize that Roe is bad Constitutional law. Nevertheless, support for the controversial ruling has reached an all-time high, at least according to a new Wall Street Journal/NBC poll:
Forty years after the Supreme Court legalized abortion in its Roe v. Wade decision, seven out of 10 Americans support the groundbreaking rulings, according to a poll released Tuesday.
- Breaking: ISIS releases new video of beheading another American journalist Ed Morrissey 21 mins ago
- Politico sounds the alarm: Boehner may still have to listen to tea partiers after midterms Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Fox News: Obama briefed for more than a year on ISIS as serious threat Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Poll: 63% oppose Obama’s executive order on amnesty Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Ukraine ends offensive operations against rebels, digs in to repel Russian invasion Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Great news: Homeland Security can’t find 6,000 foreign nationals in US Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago