One of the strongest elements of Mitt Romney's spectacular debate performance was his decisive rejoinder to the president's oft-repeated allegation that the Republican plans to raise taxes on middle class families. Obama said Romney has designs on an unpaid-for $5 trillion tax cut that would eventually necessitate higher tax bills for average Americans. Romney flatly rejected the claim by calling it false, then explained what he actually has in mind. But the president returned to the "$5 trillion" well on several subsequent occasions, prompting more rebuttals from his challenger. FactCheck.org and CNN reviewed Obama's accusation, and found it wanting....
In response to:
The hussein, if given the chance will tax all Americans TO DEATH!
- Democratic Colorado governor exalts Obama’s pool game, is not helping Noah Rothman 23 minutes ago
- Begich: Hey, I’m a thorn in Obama’s … whatever Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Josh Earnest: We’re the most transparent administration ever, no matter what journalists say Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Paul vs. Perry, Round 2: Rand says Rick is ‘stuck in the past’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Israel shoots down Hamas drone as escalation continues Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 15 hours ago