During a hearing Monday on the 20-week abortion ban in Texas, State Senator Bob Deuell, MD held up a pair of baby shoes to represent the unborn children aborted every day.
Deuell’s bold move was effective because his simple display of the small shoes perhaps said more than State Senator Wendy Davis did in her 11-hour filibuster against the pro-life bill. The symbol was also appropriate, considering at 18 to 20 weeks some mothers can already feel their baby kick.
Bob Deuell has taken the lead on pro-life bills for years, including the
- Teachers unions angry with Obama staff “sellouts” Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Elite northeastern college town very worried about becoming Ferguson Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- Last straw: ObamaCare now ruining baseball Mary Katharine Ham 15 hours ago
- US reconfirms policy of not paying ransoms to terrorists for abducted Americans Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago
- Jake Tapper: Getting a conviction against Darren Wilson could be an ‘uphill battle’ Noah Rothman 17 hours ago