During a hearing Monday on the 20-week abortion ban in Texas, State Senator Bob Deuell, MD held up a pair of baby shoes to represent the unborn children aborted every day.
Deuell’s bold move was effective because his simple display of the small shoes perhaps said more than State Senator Wendy Davis did in her 11-hour filibuster against the pro-life bill. The symbol was also appropriate, considering at 18 to 20 weeks some mothers can already feel their baby kick.
Bob Deuell has taken the lead on pro-life bills for years, including the
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Twitter blocks petition supporting Houston pastors Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Breaking: New White House fence-jumper taken down by K9s, apprehended Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Barack who? Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- What election? Network news gives up on covering midterms Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- Could Oregon’s First Lady sink the Governor next month? Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago