We all know that the sheet anchor of our liberties is the Declaration of Independence. The president himself quoted Thomas Jefferson's most famous line in his inaugural address earlier this week. He recognized that all men and women are created equal and endowed...
Off all the rights enumerated in the Bill of Rights, there is only one right that carries the additional constraint on Congress: "shall not be infringed". Let's take the Liberal view of the Constitution and threaten the mass media with constraints on freedom of the press, let's take the Liberal view of the Constitution and demand the Fairness Doctrine - but also apply it to college teaching positions and tenure of professors, Lets take the Liberal view of the Constitution and put very strict constaints on abortion. After all - none of these rights carry the additional protection of the words "shall not be infringed". Since liberals obviously think the Second Amendment CAN be infringed by Congress, how could they possibly protest? LOL
Here is an uncomfortable pop quiz: Who has killed more children, Adam Lanza or Barack Obama? We'll hold off on the answer for a few paragraphs while we look at the state of governmental excess -- including killing -- in America. But you can probably guess the correct answer from the manner in which I have posed the question.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- In Illinois and California, public servants skate in police abuse cases Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Will Utah be ground zero for nationwide gay marriage? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Virginia cops hoping to bust teen for child pornography by, er, taking photos of his erect penis Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- NYT: Chelsea Clinton gets $75K per speech Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Ted Cruz declines to follow Palin’s lead in calling for Obama’s impeachment Allahpundit 4 hours ago