We all know that the sheet anchor of our liberties is the Declaration of Independence. The president himself quoted Thomas Jefferson's most famous line in his inaugural address earlier this week. He recognized that all men and women are created equal and endowed...
Off all the rights enumerated in the Bill of Rights, there is only one right that carries the additional constraint on Congress: "shall not be infringed". Let's take the Liberal view of the Constitution and threaten the mass media with constraints on freedom of the press, let's take the Liberal view of the Constitution and demand the Fairness Doctrine - but also apply it to college teaching positions and tenure of professors, Lets take the Liberal view of the Constitution and put very strict constaints on abortion. After all - none of these rights carry the additional protection of the words "shall not be infringed". Since liberals obviously think the Second Amendment CAN be infringed by Congress, how could they possibly protest? LOL
Here is an uncomfortable pop quiz: Who has killed more children, Adam Lanza or Barack Obama? We'll hold off on the answer for a few paragraphs while we look at the state of governmental excess -- including killing -- in America. But you can probably guess the correct answer from the manner in which I have posed the question.
- Video: The shooting of Kajieme Powell Allahpundit 12 mins ago
- Perry grand juror also a Texas Democratic Party delegate? Ed Morrissey 51 mins ago
- Sen. Bernie Sanders confronted by constituents: ‘F*** Israel!’ Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Obama not grasping the seriousness of the Foley murder, says … Chris Matthews? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Decision to release details of failed raid to free James Foley backfires on White House Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Philadelphia mayor prepares to fund Russian mob with new cigarette tax Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago