We all know that the sheet anchor of our liberties is the Declaration of Independence. The president himself quoted Thomas Jefferson's most famous line in his inaugural address earlier this week. He recognized that all men and women are created equal and endowed...
Off all the rights enumerated in the Bill of Rights, there is only one right that carries the additional constraint on Congress: "shall not be infringed". Let's take the Liberal view of the Constitution and threaten the mass media with constraints on freedom of the press, let's take the Liberal view of the Constitution and demand the Fairness Doctrine - but also apply it to college teaching positions and tenure of professors, Lets take the Liberal view of the Constitution and put very strict constaints on abortion. After all - none of these rights carry the additional protection of the words "shall not be infringed". Since liberals obviously think the Second Amendment CAN be infringed by Congress, how could they possibly protest? LOL
Here is an uncomfortable pop quiz: Who has killed more children, Adam Lanza or Barack Obama? We'll hold off on the answer for a few paragraphs while we look at the state of governmental excess -- including killing -- in America. But you can probably guess the correct answer from the manner in which I have posed the question.
- Video: Does watching NFL games make you an ‘enabler’ of domestic violence? Guy Benson 32 mins ago
- Video: Remy solves “the ISIS crisis” as only he can Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- TEMS Friday: Guest-hosting for Hugh Hewitt! Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- AP: CIA given stand-down order in Europe Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Provokatsiya: Russia captures NATO allied Lithuania’s ship in international waters Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Susan Rice: I hope everyone realizes it’s going to take “many months” to train these Syrian rebels Allahpundit 3 hours ago