Due to a recent arbitration decision , the CCEA will continue its misguided last-in, first-out policy. The school district will only lay off those teachers who have received suspensions or multiple unsatisfactory...
Enthusiastic teachers become older teacher with no enthusiasm because teachers are not paid their worth, only paid according to longevity, which is the brainchild of the union. It appears you would rather have an unenthusiastic veteran teacher keep his/her job, continuing the standard of mediocrity. What profession are you engaged in? Do you believe that workers in your profession should get paid and promoted according to skill, dependability, etc. etc. or merely how long they've been on the job? Just because one is a veteran does not guarantee high standards.
Judith Alfaro, Daniel Cano, Edward Savarese, Chris Reger, Alison Zelton, Brad Keating, and Taylor Pfatenhauer were recently named the New Teachers of the Year by the Clark County School District. The School District , facing a budget shortfall, needs to lay off 1,000 teachers. Thanks to the Clark County Education Association, these seven New Teachers of the Year will be getting pink slips.
- European countries to US: Give us your gas Erika Johnsen 34 minutes ago
- Venezuelan protesters digging in for the long haul Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Maybe we should talk about “True Detective” instead Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Finally: Young liberals ready to explain the news to America Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- White House on Democrats’ global-warming talkathon: We salute you Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Poll: 55% of Americans under age 35 oppose sanctions on Russia Allahpundit 4 hours ago