Due to a recent arbitration decision , the CCEA will continue its misguided last-in, first-out policy. The school district will only lay off those teachers who have received suspensions or multiple unsatisfactory...
You are the "nutter." This article is not about budgetary woes, it is about the idiotic last-in, first-out UNION policy. And yes, those teachers will be shown the door by being pink-slipped. I'm a high school teacher of 18 years and can't stand the stupid, good 'ol boy, inefficient policies and mentality of the union that cripple education quality in America. Unions first priority is job security, NOT quality of education. If that means keeping an incompetent teacher who has been incompetent from day one for the last 25 years, it is doing its job. Unions specialize in mediocrity. And thanks to the union, I can never be paid for my expertise or effectiveness as a teacher--only how LONG I've been a teacher.
Judith Alfaro, Daniel Cano, Edward Savarese, Chris Reger, Alison Zelton, Brad Keating, and Taylor Pfatenhauer were recently named the New Teachers of the Year by the Clark County School District. The School District , facing a budget shortfall, needs to lay off 1,000 teachers. Thanks to the Clark County Education Association, these seven New Teachers of the Year will be getting pink slips.
- Jobs plan from WI gubernatorial candidate looks mighty … familiar Ed Morrissey 12 mins ago
- Exonerated, Chris Christie taunts the press by embracing Roger Goodell Noah Rothman 52 mins ago
- Scotland votes No to independence Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Video: Shep vs. Earnest Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- In New York City, a safety regulation makes the streets less safe Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago