Due to a recent arbitration decision , the CCEA will continue its misguided last-in, first-out policy. The school district will only lay off those teachers who have received suspensions or multiple unsatisfactory...
You are the "nutter." This article is not about budgetary woes, it is about the idiotic last-in, first-out UNION policy. And yes, those teachers will be shown the door by being pink-slipped. I'm a high school teacher of 18 years and can't stand the stupid, good 'ol boy, inefficient policies and mentality of the union that cripple education quality in America. Unions first priority is job security, NOT quality of education. If that means keeping an incompetent teacher who has been incompetent from day one for the last 25 years, it is doing its job. Unions specialize in mediocrity. And thanks to the union, I can never be paid for my expertise or effectiveness as a teacher--only how LONG I've been a teacher.
Judith Alfaro, Daniel Cano, Edward Savarese, Chris Reger, Alison Zelton, Brad Keating, and Taylor Pfatenhauer were recently named the New Teachers of the Year by the Clark County School District. The School District , facing a budget shortfall, needs to lay off 1,000 teachers. Thanks to the Clark County Education Association, these seven New Teachers of the Year will be getting pink slips.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Last straw: ObamaCare now ruining baseball Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- US reconfirms policy of not paying ransoms to terrorists for abducted Americans Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Jake Tapper: Getting a conviction against Darren Wilson could be an ‘uphill battle’ Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- NYT poll: 65% of whites, 80% of blacks say police shouldn’t have military-style weapons Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- In effort to shield Obama from criticism on ISIS, White House makes everything worse Noah Rothman 13 hours ago