When tragedy strikes, as in Newtown, Conn., prayer resides mostly in the shadows of those personally affected. The public ritual requires politicians to assure survivors of their thoughts and prayers -- what one cynical...
it seems strange that there were on documents written in Greek if they go back to the end of the Roman empire the Jews in Jesus day had their Torah in both Hebrew and Greek (Septuagint) There are also many Q'ran versions that go back to the 7thC that show that as Uthman standardized it, many texts were left out or written differently to the ones we have today and many Muslims, unaware of these errors or uncertainties, then chant about infidels dying because they dare to share these old documents with them as it destroys their claims of a perfect document Christians on the other hand have both the Torah and the Gospels, etc in their Bible which has been extensively corrected by the higher critics to remove any accidental copyist errors, etc.
NEW YORK CITY -- It hasn't been an easy time -- year, decade, early century -- for organized religion. Books by atheists proliferate, some meaner than others. Fewer men and women attend church or synagogue services. The season highlights Christmas and in recent years Hanukkah, but the cultural emphasis is more materialistic than meditative. Confidence in organized religion has declined to 44 percent, as measured by Gallup.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014