There were many factors that hurt Mitt Romney and favored Barack Obama in the 2012 presidential election. The Democrats portrayed Romney in the worst light possible; as a wealthy, out of touch millionaire who wanted to return women to the 1800's. The left wing media predictably did everything it could to perpetuate that false caricature. Obama's race was an advantage; voters of all persuasions, particularly minorities, still cannot get over the allure of the first black president. The 47% of Americans on welfare were predisposed to vote for the food stamp president over Romney, wanting the free goodies to keep...
In response to:
Big city politicians have been getting reelected like this for years. In New Orleans they bring out the free bbq and make a party of election day and get everyone out to the voting booths. For years I wondered how could these voters continue to send these sorry politicians back to power when the whole city was decaying before your eyes. What the Democratic policies have done to the cities in America will now be applied to the rest of the nation. Will be an interesting time to be a political observer. Will the Republicans go along or fight the Democrats all the way. By looking at McCain and Graham on the Sunday talk shows it looks like they will get along with the Democrats and the democrat stenographers in the media.
- Video: How removing one regulation created hundreds of jobs in Mississippi Mary Katharine Ham 28 minutes ago
- The EPA confirms: GHG emissions are down, largely thanks to… Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- CBO: Uhm, about Obama’s FY2015 budget proposal… it’s way more expensive than the White House claimed Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Jay Carney: The toughest interview Obama had in 2012 was with … Jon Stewart Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Be of good cheer, subjects: An heir to the throne is due Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Megan McArdle goes off on suspicious Census Bureau/Obamacare methodology switch Guy Benson 3 hours ago