There were many factors that hurt Mitt Romney and favored Barack Obama in the 2012 presidential election. The Democrats portrayed Romney in the worst light possible; as a wealthy, out of touch millionaire who wanted to return women to the 1800's. The left wing media predictably did everything it could to perpetuate that false caricature. Obama's race was an advantage; voters of all persuasions, particularly minorities, still cannot get over the allure of the first black president. The 47% of Americans on welfare were predisposed to vote for the food stamp president over Romney, wanting the free goodies to keep...
In response to:
Big city politicians have been getting reelected like this for years. In New Orleans they bring out the free bbq and make a party of election day and get everyone out to the voting booths. For years I wondered how could these voters continue to send these sorry politicians back to power when the whole city was decaying before your eyes. What the Democratic policies have done to the cities in America will now be applied to the rest of the nation. Will be an interesting time to be a political observer. Will the Republicans go along or fight the Democrats all the way. By looking at McCain and Graham on the Sunday talk shows it looks like they will get along with the Democrats and the democrat stenographers in the media.
- Chuck Todd: Democrats and Republicans should be embarrassed by this impeachment nonsense Guy Benson 58 minutes ago
- GAO investigation: Why, yes, the Healthcare.gov disaster was the result of terrible government management Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Rand Paul calls out MSNBC… on MSNBC Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Ted Cruz meeting with House conservatives to try to block Boehner’s border crisis bill Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Liberal interventionists silent on ISIS’s medieval brutality Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- U.S. sends subtle shot at the United Nations over complicity in Gaza violence Noah Rothman 4 hours ago