Former President Bill Clinton, who suffered significant political damage after signing into law the original assault weapons ban, is cautioning President Obama against patronizing his gun control opponents, in particular gun owners.
Appearing before Obama's National Finance Committee and various business leaders, Clinton stressed that guns present different cultural complexities than other political issues.
"Do not patronize the passionate supporters of your opponents by looking down your nose at them," he said, according to Politico.
Clinton's words are wise, but it may be too late. The Obama campaign team has already
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Meet the laywers defending “campus rapists” Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Iran executes 967th person under Hassan Rouhani. And it’s a woman Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Chris McDaniel appeal rejected in state supreme court Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Video: Palin-bashing CNN anchor claimed Michelle Obama signed bill into law Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Everything is changing after Ferguson, and it should Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago