Former President Bill Clinton, who suffered significant political damage after signing into law the original assault weapons ban, is cautioning President Obama against patronizing his gun control opponents, in particular gun owners.
Appearing before Obama's National Finance Committee and various business leaders, Clinton stressed that guns present different cultural complexities than other political issues.
"Do not patronize the passionate supporters of your opponents by looking down your nose at them," he said, according to Politico.
Clinton's words are wise, but it may be too late. The Obama campaign team has already
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Barack who? Allahpundit 21 mins ago
- What election? Network news gives up on covering midterms Noah Rothman 52 mins ago
- Could Oregon’s First Lady sink the Governor next month? Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Oh my: Cory Gardner 46, Mark Udall 39 in Colorado Senate race Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Conservative Jeb Hensarling: The GOP agenda next year should include a “vibrant” guest-worker program for low-skilled workers Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Meanwhile in Israel, Hamas claims responsibility for attack in Jerusalem Noah Rothman 3 hours ago