Former President Bill Clinton, who suffered significant political damage after signing into law the original assault weapons ban, is cautioning President Obama against patronizing his gun control opponents, in particular gun owners.
Appearing before Obama's National Finance Committee and various business leaders, Clinton stressed that guns present different cultural complexities than other political issues.
"Do not patronize the passionate supporters of your opponents by looking down your nose at them," he said, according to Politico.
Clinton's words are wise, but it may be too late. The Obama campaign team has already
- Malaysia: Flight 370 signals continued for more than seven hours Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Bobby Jindal hits the trail in New Hampshire Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- This HHS official’s resignation letter says everything you’ve ever thought about bureaucracy Mary Katharine Ham 16 hours ago
- Venezuelan official: John Kerry is a “murderer” and these protests are pretty much all his fault Erika Johnsen 16 hours ago
- Sarah Palin to launch “Rogue TV” Allahpundit 17 hours ago