Former President Bill Clinton, who suffered significant political damage after signing into law the original assault weapons ban, is cautioning President Obama against patronizing his gun control opponents, in particular gun owners.
Appearing before Obama's National Finance Committee and various business leaders, Clinton stressed that guns present different cultural complexities than other political issues.
"Do not patronize the passionate supporters of your opponents by looking down your nose at them," he said, according to Politico.
Clinton's words are wise, but it may be too late. The Obama campaign team has already
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Raffi Williams, Dustin Siggins, William Jacobson Ed Morrissey 18 minutes ago
- Conservatives get a big 2014 boost from ‘fatal blow’ to Obamacare Noah Rothman 48 minutes ago
- On the other hand: Fourth Circuit upholds ObamaCare subsidies for federal exchange consumers Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- White House: It’s business as usual on subsidies after Halbig Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- July Crisis: Ukraine alleges a Russian military officer pulled the trigger on MH17 Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- NYT: Hobby Lobby part of “this summer of a violent God” Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago