Former President Bill Clinton, who suffered significant political damage after signing into law the original assault weapons ban, is cautioning President Obama against patronizing his gun control opponents, in particular gun owners.
Appearing before Obama's National Finance Committee and various business leaders, Clinton stressed that guns present different cultural complexities than other political issues.
"Do not patronize the passionate supporters of your opponents by looking down your nose at them," he said, according to Politico.
Clinton's words are wise, but it may be too late. The Obama campaign team has already
- Report: Semi-retired president has skipped more than half of his daily security briefings this year Allahpundit 34 mins ago
- Intelligence warned Obama of ISIS since 2012? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Obama Takes Media Heat For Shifting Blame On ISIL Gabriel Malor 1 hour ago
- Turkish parliament to vote on joining anti-ISIS coalition Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- SCOTUS blocks extended early voting options in Ohio Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- US, Afghanistan sign security agreement; 9800 US troops to stay Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago