There's a dastardly conspiracy afoot to shut down the United States Postal Service, Lefty screamer Ed Schultz has informed his MSNBC audience. The culprits? Republicans, match. The USPS recently announced its decision to end Saturday mail service, an attempt to stanch its years-long budget bleeding; the federal entity lost $16 billion in 2012. Though this move is only projected to save the Post Office roughly $2 billion annually, it's still an important nod to reality. I discussed this issue on CNBC last night, where even the liberal panelist seemed to agree that major reductions are in order and...
Why ever "W' and the 2000 Congress built Post Offices all over the country, to this day, amazes me. The writing was on the wall from the first brick; stimulate the economy with Federal dollars. Now, due to Crony deals in the cigar rooms, the post office cannot close offices unused, but, at least they are new. I forsee Health Exchanges in the Near Future doubling as the Post Office..how efficient--not.
- Video: Did we miss the al-Qaeda convention? Ed Morrissey 48 minutes ago
- Bloomberg to spend $50 million to “outmuscle” the NRA Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Video: Happy (The Remy Tax Day Edition) Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Should Mike Anderson III go free? Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Krauthammer: Can we all remember that we have added $7 trillion to the debt in 5 years, please? Erika Johnsen 13 hours ago