The Denver Post, on February 15th, ran an Associated Press article entitled “Homeland Security aims to buy 1.6b rounds of ammo”, to far too little notice. It confirmed that the Department of Homeland Security has issued an open purchase order for 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition. As elsewhere reported, some of this purchase order is for rounds forbidden by international law for use in war plus a frightening amount specialized for snipers. Also reported elsewhere, at the height of the Iraq War the Army was expending fewer than 6 million rounds a month. 1.6 billion rounds, therefore, would be enough...
In response to:
Isn't all this ammunition supposed to be used by Homeland Security and the FEMA Corps? Yes, there is such a thing as FEMA Corps. They're probably very similar to Hitler's brown shirts of World War II history. Homeland Security has graduated at least 2 classes with more on the horizon. This information is all available by just Googling it. You'll find plenty of ".gov" information to prove what I'm saying. My senators and congressman won't give me a response as to why and how they're funded. Supposedly, the FEMA Corps were formed to help out in disasters like maybe hurricanes? However, there have been none in evidence post Hurricane Sandy. The Department of Defense is turning over bases they're closing to Homeland Security also.
- Blair: The West had better not rule out ground troops Ed Morrissey 43 mins ago
- Among us: Officials confirm American ISIS fighters have returned to United States Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Buzzfeed finds more lifted text in Mary Burke’s campaign; Update: Burke: Hey, no biggie Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Will the press find Panetta and Clinton’s pangs of conscience as compelling as Colin Powell’s? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- “F*** it, I quit”: Alaska reporter resigns on air after revealing she runs the cannabis club she just reported on Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- What does the Hillary-Alinksy letter reveal? Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago