What if the government regards the Constitution as merely a guideline to be referred to from time to time, or a myth to be foisted upon the voters,...
Here is a better question: What if tens of millions of regular Americans took a 3-day weekend, all at the same time, and visited Washington. No riots, no marches, no speeches. Simply go visit the Nation's Capitol as tourists. Smile, eat lunch, visit your Congressman. Smile, be happy. The difference would be the sheer numbers of "Happy Americans." Congressional offices would be packed like sardine cans and unnavigable to the occupants. Streets would be clogged with cars. The Media would simply have to report it. What the hell are all of these happy people doing in Washington? This would be the only polite wake-up call for those supposedly representatives of the People. Next time we come it will be different.
What if the government never took the Constitution seriously? What if the same generation -- in some cases the same human beings -- that wrote in the First Amendment, "Congress shall make no law ... abridging the freedom of speech," also enacted the Alien and Sedition Acts, which made it a crime to criticize the government? What if the feds don't regard the Constitution as the Supreme Law of the Land?
- White House knew ISIS planned to kill James Foley Noah Rothman 32 mins ago
- Report: Qatar scuttled Gaza cease-fire for not having seat at Cairo table Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- White House now leaning on Eric Holder to play the role of racial healer? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- WaPo: Was Foley’s killer a former Gitmo detainee? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Everything has changed after the execution of James Foley by ISIS Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago