As the news starting pouring in about what happened in the theater this week when Satan’s spawn James Holmes donned Kevlar and a small battery of weapons and opened fire on an unsuspecting crowd, I kept thinking, “One fast-thinking and trained person who was armed/licensed with a concealed weapon...
Well, Doug. Good article. I agree completely. Our average citizen in America has been insulated from the occasional horror of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. That does not mean that our violent world will not reach out and touch them. For the vast majority of the populace to continue to believe that it is really the inanimate object, the firearm, is evil is ludicrous. Folks should compare the murder & violent crime rates of major cities to their firearm restrictions. There is a direct correlation between the two. More firearm freedom equals less crime. The State of Vermont allows their citizens to carry concealed or openly; no permit, no license, no fee. Guess what? Vermont is one of the safest places to live. Conv
I would venture to guess that the folks filing in to see the latest Batman installment in Aurora, Colorado last Thursday evening didn’t figure on over 70 of them getting shot before the credits rolled. The last count I received before filing this column was 12 dead and 59 wounded.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: Happy (The Remy Tax Day Edition) Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Should Mike Anderson III go free? Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Krauthammer: Can we all remember that we have added $7 trillion to the debt in 5 years, please? Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- State legislators: Hey, you know what we really need right now? More federal land! Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- CBO: ObamaCare premiums and healthcare spending will rise by less than expected, because… Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago