As the news starting pouring in about what happened in the theater this week when Satan’s spawn James Holmes donned Kevlar and a small battery of weapons and opened fire on an unsuspecting crowd, I kept thinking, “One fast-thinking and trained person who was armed/licensed with a concealed weapon...
Well, Doug. Good article. I agree completely. Our average citizen in America has been insulated from the occasional horror of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. That does not mean that our violent world will not reach out and touch them. For the vast majority of the populace to continue to believe that it is really the inanimate object, the firearm, is evil is ludicrous. Folks should compare the murder & violent crime rates of major cities to their firearm restrictions. There is a direct correlation between the two. More firearm freedom equals less crime. The State of Vermont allows their citizens to carry concealed or openly; no permit, no license, no fee. Guess what? Vermont is one of the safest places to live. Conv
I would venture to guess that the folks filing in to see the latest Batman installment in Aurora, Colorado last Thursday evening didn’t figure on over 70 of them getting shot before the credits rolled. The last count I received before filing this column was 12 dead and 59 wounded.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014