As the news starting pouring in about what happened in the theater this week when Satan’s spawn James Holmes donned Kevlar and a small battery of weapons and opened fire on an unsuspecting crowd, I kept thinking, “One fast-thinking and trained person who was armed/licensed with a concealed weapon...
Well, Doug. Good article. I agree completely. Our average citizen in America has been insulated from the occasional horror of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. That does not mean that our violent world will not reach out and touch them. For the vast majority of the populace to continue to believe that it is really the inanimate object, the firearm, is evil is ludicrous. Folks should compare the murder & violent crime rates of major cities to their firearm restrictions. There is a direct correlation between the two. More firearm freedom equals less crime. The State of Vermont allows their citizens to carry concealed or openly; no permit, no license, no fee. Guess what? Vermont is one of the safest places to live. Conv
I would venture to guess that the folks filing in to see the latest Batman installment in Aurora, Colorado last Thursday evening didn’t figure on over 70 of them getting shot before the credits rolled. The last count I received before filing this column was 12 dead and 59 wounded.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- CNN poll: 58% oppose abortion in most or all cases Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Video: Rand Paul’s very libertarian speech at CPAC Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- RNC Chairman talks tactics, the GOP’s technological gap, and how the March for Life “was a little bit of a wake-up call” Dustin Siggins 5 hours ago