As the news starting pouring in about what happened in the theater this week when Satan’s spawn James Holmes donned Kevlar and a small battery of weapons and opened fire on an unsuspecting crowd, I kept thinking, “One fast-thinking and trained person who was armed/licensed with a concealed weapon...
Well, Doug. Good article. I agree completely. Our average citizen in America has been insulated from the occasional horror of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. That does not mean that our violent world will not reach out and touch them. For the vast majority of the populace to continue to believe that it is really the inanimate object, the firearm, is evil is ludicrous. Folks should compare the murder & violent crime rates of major cities to their firearm restrictions. There is a direct correlation between the two. More firearm freedom equals less crime. The State of Vermont allows their citizens to carry concealed or openly; no permit, no license, no fee. Guess what? Vermont is one of the safest places to live. Conv
I would venture to guess that the folks filing in to see the latest Batman installment in Aurora, Colorado last Thursday evening didn’t figure on over 70 of them getting shot before the credits rolled. The last count I received before filing this column was 12 dead and 59 wounded.
- Obama administration routs scourge of ISIS pink cookies in schools Jazz Shaw 47 mins ago
- Was the Aurora theater shooting “foreseeable” by owners? Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- US ponders military intervention in Syria as well as Iraq Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Friday night document dump: Yet another “accommodation” on HHS mandate Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Teachers unions angry with Obama staff “sellouts” Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Elite northeastern college town very worried about becoming Ferguson Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago