The Presidential Inauguration Committee set a goal of raising $50 million for Barack Obama's second inauguration, but have turned to big corporations and big labor unions in order to make it there. AT&T, Bank of America, FedEx, Microsoft and Coca-Cola are all on the official list of inauguration donors this year. Joining those corporations are the American Federation of Government Employees, the American Postal Workers Union,...
Also brought to you by homos.
President Obama's 2009 inauguration was bolstered by the feelings of "hope and change" that boosted the President to electoral victory. His official inauguration committee eschewed corporate donations back then, but times have changed dramatically.
- Election forecasters bearish on GOP? Senate models looking more Democratic by the day Noah Rothman 22 mins ago
- Dempsey continues to frustrate Obama with admission some Arab allies fund ISIS Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Coercive fines, national security, and the Death Star Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- McCain to Rand Paul: Have you ever been to Syria and met with ISIS like I have? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Sure sounds like Mike Huckabee is thinking of running for president Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: Ukraine parliament approves EU pact, eastern autonomy as fighting continues Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago