There are a few irrefutable laws of basic economics that are understood by practically everyone. When the price of a good rises, people will buy less of it. This is common knowledge to anyone who has bought anything ever. There is also the law of unintended consequences which states that actions, laws, and policies often have secondary effects that differ from the original actions intentions. We have seen this inevitably played out in most laws passed by Congress. Both of these ideas have been around for thousands of years and the father of economics, Adam Smith, articulated them himself...
Fool pukes, " Why does she automatically assume that Kaplan is a liberal after reading what is in fact a straight news article, not an opinion piece?" Because she's an economic illiterate, fool.
- Poroshenko declares new Russian “invasion” as rebels open new front Ed Morrissey 40 mins ago
- TEMS Thursday: Hot Air at the Fair! Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Hmm: Tsarnaev sister arrested for alleged bomb threat Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Infographic of the day: Canada explains Russia and Not Russia to Putin Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- FBI: Russians hackers attacked Wall Street after sanctions imposed Noah Rothman 13 hours ago