As previously reported, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid won't bring Senator Dianne Feinstein's assault weapons ban legislation to the Senate floor as part of a larger gun control package but rather will give her an opportunity to offer it as an amendment. Why? Reid couldn't round up even 40 votes for the darn thing. Feinstein, who says this legislation is "very important to her," said on CNN yesterday that it will be a betrayal to her if Reid doesn't bring up the legislation for a vote. Apparently, Feinstein left a meeting with Reid yesterday confident a vote would be...
How's the family, allitard? "When I left my family yesterday, after for a SECOND TIME no being allowed o [sic] hold my own nephew by my bully of a brother, I shared with him (again) my opinion that if he doesnt [sic] get rid of his guns in his home (with 2 little boys growing up there...you know boys), he is ENDANGERING THEIR LIVES. Its [sic] people like you who have filled his thick head wih this nonsense guns are necessary and a "right".' Yes, that bothersome Constitution again. "I also told him abou Michael moore's theory about why white men love guns so much.....he didnt [sic] like hearing that. But too bad." Because he's clearly a lot smarter than you.
- Sen. Bernie Sanders confronted by constituents: ‘F*** Israel!’ Noah Rothman 42 mins ago
- Obama not grasping the seriousness of the Foley murder, says … Chris Matthews? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Decision to release details of failed raid to free James Foley backfires on White House Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Philadelphia mayor prepares to fund Russian mob with new cigarette tax Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Yep: MSNBC would react quite differently if Tea Partiers threw rocks at them Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago