“Thousands of teachers and educators will be laid off, tens of thousands of parents will have to deal with finding child care for their children, hundreds of thousands of Americans will lose access to primary care and preventive care like flu vaccinations and cancer screenings,” Obama warned. “Companies are preparing layoff notices, families are preparing to cut back on...
In response to:
President Obama urged the nation's governors to put pressure on congressional Republicans to reach an agreement to avoid big spending cuts due to take effect at the end of the week, during his meeting with the National Governors Association (NGA) Monday.
- Christie jacking up tax on e-cigarettes Jazz Shaw 19 minutes ago
- Interview with Al Baldasaro Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- How many people have died from GM ignition-switch defect? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Scott Brown “officially” thinking about running for Senate in New Hampshire Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Malaysia: Flight 370 signals continued for more than seven hours Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Bobby Jindal hits the trail in New Hampshire Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago