“Thousands of teachers and educators will be laid off, tens of thousands of parents will have to deal with finding child care for their children, hundreds of thousands of Americans will lose access to primary care and preventive care like flu vaccinations and cancer screenings,” Obama warned. “Companies are preparing layoff notices, families are preparing to cut back on...
In response to:
President Obama urged the nation's governors to put pressure on congressional Republicans to reach an agreement to avoid big spending cuts due to take effect at the end of the week, during his meeting with the National Governors Association (NGA) Monday.
- Obama: Hey, all these red-state Democrats running away from me are strong supporters who vote with me! Mary Katharine Ham 27 mins ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: The ultimate gross-out Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Scary news from MoveOn: If Republicans win the Senate, they might use a dubious procedure known as “reconciliation” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Should a minority elect an executive? Maine edition Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Video: Scarborough thinks Hillary’s lack of competition is what will hurt her Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Tina Brown: Obama makes women feel ‘unsafe’ Noah Rothman 4 hours ago