Bankrupt State University

Buckeye4Constitution Wrote: Nov 30, 2012 7:46 AM
I don't know WTF you're talking about. I have never bought an argument by a leftist. I went to school to get a piece of paper so I could earn more. And my degree is in engineering - something that somebody will actually pay me for. My point is that you don't need to go to college to acquire skills for a lot of professions. I'm not ignorant, but you, sir, are an a$s.

Bankrupt State University

Buckeye4Constitution Wrote: Nov 29, 2012 9:47 PM
College degrees are overrated. Most jobs out there that require a degree didn't years ago. Guys like JP Morgan and Bill Gates didn't go to/finish college. If my kid wants to go into business, I am going to find alternate ways of getting him the education without the overpriced brainwashing of a "liberal" education. Either an apprenticeship with a local businessman and/or something like zerodebtdegrees.com. And God willing, home school.

America's Last Crusade

Buckeye4Constitution Wrote: Sep 25, 2012 7:30 AM
Yeah, it's still early and they have not woken up yet. When they do, they'll attack you with "You're crazy," you're from another planet," blah, blah, blah. Isolationism is what North Korea practices. I think China's foreign policy is actually closer to that advocated by our Founding Fathers, as exemplified by the John Q. Adams quote. Sadly, it took me seeing my brother made a quadripalegic at the age of 25 from a sniper's bullet in Iraq to understand the wisdom of what our Founding Fathers advocated. You cannot transplant democracy to a place where the soil is not fertile and ready to receive it.

Is It Time to Come Home?

Buckeye4Constitution Wrote: Sep 14, 2012 11:53 AM
You are exactly right. How long before others respond to your posting accusing you of living in an alternate universe, being a Paulista, or being a Jew Hater? I have one brother who is a quadripalegic from a sniper's bullet in Iraq, and another who has a 2 week old daughter and 3 months left on a 12 month tour in Af-crapistan. Praying he comes home safely. It took my brother's tragedy to learn that just because we ARE the biggest kid on the block, it doesn't mean we should be involved in other people's business. Our foreign policy has historically been the ruin of empires. Why do we think we can escape the fate of all previous empires?
Hey as long as it is you and your family and not me and mine, OK. The Constitution does not need to be defended from Iran. It does need to be defended from idiots who want to rush into wars that shouldn't be fought (Iraq) and stay about 13 years longer fighting others than what was called for (Afghanistan). If my brother dies or is injured defending the Constitution against a direct foreign or domestic enemy, so be it. The only enemies I see here are the bellicose John McCain and Lindsay Graham types who want to start war with everybody and anybody.
We have that issue here in Ohio with our State Treasurer Josh Mandel. A young marine, elected to state treasurer in Nov 2010, he has been in office a little more than 18 months, and is already running for senator against Sherrod Brown. Lindsay Graham and John McCain have already visited the state to show support and do fundraising. A Jew who served in the military, running for Senate, who is being supported by 2 of the biggest Neocons clamoring for war with Iran...amounts to an almost guaranteed vote for war with Iran.

A Grand Old Party in Panic

Buckeye4Constitution Wrote: Aug 24, 2012 11:49 AM
Thanks Republicans. You have shortened the debate that always occurs in my head around this time of year about voting my conscience (Libertarian) or holding my nose and voting Republican in the hopes that enough other like-minded folks do the same so that we are left with the lesser of 2 evils. As we all know, the only time you waste your vote is either when you don't vote or you don't vote for the person you really want. For those of you out there who believe in Austrian economics and can't stand how the government intervenes in and distorts the free market and drives mis-allocation of resources, consider what signal you yourself are sending when you vote for the lesser of 2 evils.
What a bunch of T-BAGgers

Wars To End War

Buckeye4Constitution Wrote: Aug 08, 2012 4:32 PM
Yeah, you make no sense. The military DOES spend all that they get, usually in a flurry at the end of the fiscal year. People are sent on "training" conferences if there is TDY budget left over. 50+ inch flatscreens are bought and mounted in common areas to run powerpoint files showing when the summer picnic is or the next awards ceremony or who the employee of the month is. As for your comment about pilots, they are either current or not. If there isn't enough money to keep them current, their units go get more money to keep them current and maintain readiness. I know of plenty of examples of pilots burning holes in the sky in September to use all the money. Yeah, I work there.
the colors and usurp the standard of freedom