That's how the argument went. But the reality has fallen far short of that. The Obama Administration has decided that, instead of reforming laws that are on the books, they'd...
This infuriates me. My good neighbors just went back to England this month because their visas will not be renewed. Good family, 4 children, 2 born in the U.S. They've done everything according to the book - Only working jobs that are in line with the father's student/work visa, the mom has never accepted a cent for any kind of work (babysitting, hair cuts), paying their due taxes, contributing to the community, etc. And yet Obama is going to grant amnesty (call it what you will, but not prosecuting illegal aliens to this country that blatantly disregard immigration laws IS amnesty) as a political move for more votes. It's disgraceful and a slap in the face to the millions of people who try to come here on legal terms.
In the wake of the 2010 midterm elections, Republicans were energized. Their perception was that President Obama, in his first two years in the Oval Office, shunned bipartisan cooperation and intentionally aggravated Republicans in an effort to get his progressive policies enacted into law. Now that the GOP had control of some small percentage of the federal government, Obama would have to at least attempt to reach across the aisle.
- Quotes of the day Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- Venezuela to US: You should probably come participate in a “peace commission” on all this violence you’ve caused Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- The most dangerous wedding photo evah? Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Exit polls show Crimea annexation wins 93% of vote while under Russian occupation Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- NRLC Interview – Joe Scarborough Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- And your latest straw poll winner is… Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago