Although studies show that we conservatives are usually happier and more optimistic than most about our personal lives, we also tend to be a bit more pessimistic than the average person about the country. We look at our unsustainable level of spending, the dramatically expanding, increasingly lawless welfare state, encouragement of tribalism and class hatred as a political tactic, hostility towards Christianity, schools that teach socialism and liberalism, the morally bankrupt entertainment industry and the reelection of a man who may have had the single worst performance as President of anyone in our nation's history and we quite naturally...
I'm optimistic if we have lots of leaders who stand up and tell the truth. (I think McCain and Graham are doing great.) What we can't have is so many wimpy people standing in one spot. Mumbling. Evading. Apologizing. Looking scared. Pretending to believe lies....There is a ton of stuff on the internet that never reaches ordinary people. TALK ABOUT IT. In the campaign, all Romney had do do was throw a few spears at Obama. (Why are you still protecting Holder? He should have been fired months ago.) Etc. Last week a big shot editor with huge credentials casually let slip that Obama was from Kenya. You don't say? Etc.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 42 mins ago
- Video: Shep vs. Earnest Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- In New York City, a safety regulation makes the streets less safe Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Federal investigators find no connection between Christie and Bridgegate Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Boehner: You know what would help our economy? Immigration reform Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- White House: It’s not combat, but US troops will return fire if they’re shot at… Noah Rothman 4 hours ago