I've been critical of Republican tactics and messaging this week, so let's give credit where it's due: Moments ago, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell took to the floor and offered an immediate vote on President Obama's fiscal cliff plan, which shocked the Beltway late last week. (In case you're keeping score at home, this was the surreal proposal that induced McConnell to laugh out loud as it was outlined by Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner). Harry Reid quickly objected and shut the whole thing down, labeling the suggestion a "stunt." Think about that. The President of the United States,...
In response to:
Obama: "...there’s simply no plausible and desirable way to achieve the kind of deficit reduction we need without hurting our economy and sticking it to the middle class unless we ask for slightly higher rates for the wealthiest individuals." * Whom does he expect to believe that? I believe that.
- MSNBC host: These calls for Obama’s impeachment are “treasonous accusations” Allahpundit 43 minutes ago
- Report: ISIS just seized a bunch of uranium in Iraq Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Germany expels US embassy official over spying row Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Obama’s pathetic border crisis blame shifting Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Israel escalates offensive in Gaza, Hamas rocket commander killed Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Video: Hot Air interview with Marco Rubio on border crisis, Hobby Lobby Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago