And so it came, the coup de grace. The final "barrier" to "opportunities" for women in combat is no more. With a stroke of their pens, Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta and Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Martin E. Dempsey decreed that no battlefield mission or military role is off-limits to the female sex. The defense secretary and the general thus liberated mothers, daughters, sisters and wives to kill and be killed in the infantry, commando raids, even in Obama administration "overseas contingency operations." In so doing, they also slashed away at that last institutional protection for the space that separates men...
From a fellow Viet Nam, welcome home, bro! I had no attachments back here while I was there, but we both know that you should worship your wife for standing by you, honoring the wedding vows that you probably both exchanged. Please pass on my deepest respect and admiration. On another note, is anyone as ticked off as I am that these ultra feminists that insist women be allowed to do everything that a man does, including serving in combat, don't volunteer to do so themselves? Pathetic hypocrites that they are, they haven't called out Obumbler for having women on his staff that serve only as window dressing, to be seen and not heard, while getting paid 25% less than his boy's club!
- Everything is changing after Ferguson, and it should Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- The Marysville school shooting was politicized in about, oh… three minutes Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Hillarynomics: Businesses don’t create jobs Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Christie, Cuomo enact stricter travel restrictions as new patient showed symptoms in NJ, tests negative Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Study: Non-citizens are voting in federal elections — and probably tipped at least one Senate race to Democrats Allahpundit 17 hours ago
- HHS official to Congress: I’m totally in charge, but that doesn’t mean I can prioritize Ebola prep over puppet shows Mary Katharine Ham 17 hours ago