And so it came, the coup de grace. The final "barrier" to "opportunities" for women in combat is no more. With a stroke of their pens, Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta and Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Martin E. Dempsey decreed that no battlefield mission or military role is off-limits to the female sex. The defense secretary and the general thus liberated mothers, daughters, sisters and wives to kill and be killed in the infantry, commando raids, even in Obama administration "overseas contingency operations." In so doing, they also slashed away at that last institutional protection for the space that separates men...
From a fellow Viet Nam, welcome home, bro! I had no attachments back here while I was there, but we both know that you should worship your wife for standing by you, honoring the wedding vows that you probably both exchanged. Please pass on my deepest respect and admiration. On another note, is anyone as ticked off as I am that these ultra feminists that insist women be allowed to do everything that a man does, including serving in combat, don't volunteer to do so themselves? Pathetic hypocrites that they are, they haven't called out Obumbler for having women on his staff that serve only as window dressing, to be seen and not heard, while getting paid 25% less than his boy's club!
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 33 minutes ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Rand Paul working to get David Jolly over the finish line in FL-13 special Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- CPAC: Daniel Hannan and the origins of liberty Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago