And so it came, the coup de grace. The final "barrier" to "opportunities" for women in combat is no more. With a stroke of their pens, Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta and Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Martin E. Dempsey decreed that no battlefield mission or military role is off-limits to the female sex. The defense secretary and the general thus liberated mothers, daughters, sisters and wives to kill and be killed in the infantry, commando raids, even in Obama administration "overseas contingency operations." In so doing, they also slashed away at that last institutional protection for the space that separates men...
From a fellow Viet Nam, welcome home, bro! I had no attachments back here while I was there, but we both know that you should worship your wife for standing by you, honoring the wedding vows that you probably both exchanged. Please pass on my deepest respect and admiration. On another note, is anyone as ticked off as I am that these ultra feminists that insist women be allowed to do everything that a man does, including serving in combat, don't volunteer to do so themselves? Pathetic hypocrites that they are, they haven't called out Obumbler for having women on his staff that serve only as window dressing, to be seen and not heard, while getting paid 25% less than his boy's club!
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Ed Morrissey 11 minutes ago
- Quotes of the Day Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- Would-be victim delivering pizza thwarts would-be robbery with her concealed weapon Erika Johnsen 13 hours ago
- The EPA is charging $75,000/day over a private citizen’s pond, but don’t you worry about their revisions to the Clean Water Act Erika Johnsen 14 hours ago
- Christie jacking up tax on e-cigarettes Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- Interview with Al Baldasaro Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago