For laughs, consult top producer Cappy McGarr, who insisted Ellen wasn't picked for political reasons: "The Kennedy Center is apolitical. We have had so many people who have their own brand and type of humor. We don't pick winners because of any advocacy they do. It is all about...
My wife, an insane liberat, watches Ellen's show, so occasionally, I see and hear snippets of it. Every time I do, she is promoting the GLBT agenda, with some perverts that come out on her show and heap praise on her for being the leader of the pack. I still believe that to many Hollyweird types, being gay is a chosen lifestyle. It's laughable that the no talent Tina Fey, virtually unknown until 2008, gets a lifetime achievement award, which shows what a joke it is. Kinda like the Nobel prize.
The PBS broadcast of the Kennedy Center's Mark Twain Prize on Oct. 30 was a festival of tributes to Ellen DeGeneres -- which is fine, since she is quite talented comically. But it wasn't so much a tribute for the comedy as it was for her pioneering work promoting homosexuality.
- WSJ: Obama will require military to get his personal approval for U.S. strikes in Syria Allahpundit 20 mins ago
- Video: Scotland goes to the polls on independence Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Chaffetz to DHS Secretary: Did you hear the one about the four suspected terrorists who tried to walk across the border? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- The left’s war on football Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Does the Left really reject Hillary? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Australian raids net more than a dozen terror suspects before planned wave of attacks Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago