Dr. John Lott, author of "More Guns, Less Crime," reports that until the 1960s, some New York City public high schools had shooting clubs where students competed in citywide shooting contests for university scholarships. They carried their rifles to school on...
...lets you murder the head of the NRA is wrong. Not by law or constitution, but by the ever waning sense of humanity and morality. We are losing all of this. And I am sorry ot say that progressive liberals are most to blame for it. God help us all. (it's still legal to invoke God....right?)
When I attended primary and secondary school -- during the 1940s and '50s -- one didn't hear of the kind of shooting mayhem that's become routine today. Why? It surely wasn't because of strict firearm laws. My replica of the 1902 Sears mail-order catalog shows 35 pages of firearm advertisements. People just sent in their money, and a firearm was shipped.
- Obama aims to keep Democrats happy while he coasts to 2016 Noah Rothman 23 minutes ago
- WaPo: Is “the bear” loose … or is it an ostrich? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Federal judge to IRS: Explain these “lost” e-mails, please … under oath Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Video: Losing Andrea Mitchell Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Boehner: Obama lawsuit will focus on Obamacare enforcement Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago