Benghazi: Are We A Nation Run By Fools?

bridget38 Wrote: May 08, 2013 4:38 PM
Every time I see Eleanor Holmes Norton I wonder why she is on committees, sits in Congress and has a say. DC is not a state and should not have representation in Congress. God knows they shouldn't just look at the mess they created.

Vivat Papa

bridget38 Wrote: Mar 15, 2013 8:17 PM
Prayer of St. Francis Lord, make me an instrument of your peace, Where there is hatred, let me sow love; Where there is injury, pardon; Where there is doubt, faith; Where there is despair, hope; Where there is darkness, light; Where there is sadness, joy. O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled, as to console; to be understood, as to understand; to be loved, as to love. For it is in giving that we receive. It is in pardoning that we are pardoned, and it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life. Amen.

Guns

bridget38 Wrote: Jan 18, 2013 12:14 PM
Can anyone refer me to information on the UN effort in the past several years to do an international registry on gun owners (including US) and how this administration has supported or not supported it?
I've always thought that the answer to the abusive behavior towards their own females .... beatings, beheadings, etc....would be to give each female a small pistol to carry under their burka's. That would end all that nonsense posthaste.
We aren't even 'allowed' to describe what actually happens during an abortion, or advise young women of alternatives or show them what heir baby looks like with a sonogram. Maybe we should publish names and addresses of healthcare workers participating in abortions...

Let's Tax Matt Damon

bridget38 Wrote: Nov 23, 2012 5:15 PM
Thought this for a long time. People like Spielberg, Cloony, Damon, Hanks, Oprah, should all be given a special tax on movie stars who have made far more money than the deserve. Restricted to one mansion, 2 reasonably priced cars (hybrids or electric only), no private jets, and extravagant jewellery, and more. The money should go to the government to disperse as they see fit. Anytime they are awarded millions for a contract, off it goes. Bono took his fortune outside Ireland to avoid their taxes...some hypocrite, Ireland is in dire straits now with more of thei young leaving once again. Elections certainly do have consequences...... The rich movie moguls take their money and leave while imposing their liberal clap trap on the rest of

Taking Down Twinkies

bridget38 Wrote: Nov 23, 2012 5:05 PM
I think we can safely say that unions would rather take down Walmart and lose thousands of jobs and a place to find affordable products, than have it exist without unions. That is what this Black Friday picket is all about.... Increase in union dues and membership. I've heard it is a move on .org sponsored 'revolution. Marxists.
Heard one of the proponents for this from university of Colorado say it would remove the cost of enforcing the laws against marijuana. What nonsense ... Only a matter of time before a group forms called Mothers Against Driving with marijuana. The will work for laws that make driving under the influence illegal, systems will have be set up to test how much is too much, and laws made to send people to jail for breaking those laws. I don't like drunk drivers, Alcohol is legal, do we want to public endorse more people without their senses on the road or stumbling around our streets. Just what we need with a Pres in Wh who by his own writings apparently "did blow".
Charles, I am a huge fan of yours. I had to comment on Bono because we recently visited Ireland and took a tour of Dublin. The guide pointed out all the money and real estate Bono had. As this was a return trip to Ireland (1999) the contrasts were striking. Ireland is once again under extreme economic distress, stores closed, many eastern bloc immigrant working in hotels and service industries. The young of Ireland are once again fleeing for countries that offer opportunities. The Celtic Tiger is dead. Bono is a hypocrite and should give of his fortune to his fellow countrymen and stop pushing his agenda on us. I love his music as well, but have decided that I no longer will support anyone like Bono.

A Bright and Shining Libyan Lie

bridget38 Wrote: Oct 18, 2012 7:27 PM
I believe Hitler burned down the Reichstag and as Chancellor blamed it on the Communists...He declared an emergency, suspended civil liberties and arrested all his enemies, thus entrenching his Nazi party as dominant. I think that is called a "false flag" operation..... not an uncommon occurance in history. That is why it is so important to understand history.... to prevent it from being repeated.
Essentially the party I knew as Democrat no longer exists. It took me a while to realize that and I finally gave it up for dead. They are so far left it would be impossible for them to even believe in our country or our Constitution. Unfortunately many of these people are teaching our children in our schools and universities. This election is a choice between a rejection of a free economy or a Marxist society...nothing more.