Gay Marriage and the Limits of Tradition

BrianR.3 Wrote: Aug 31, 2014 6:11 PM
Why is it NOT okay for Mom to marry her adult son or daughter? Hmmmm....? Don't the same issues apply?

Gay Marriage and the Limits of Tradition

BrianR.3 Wrote: Aug 31, 2014 6:09 PM
I already answered you there, tinfoilhatman. I can't waste time repeating myself to people who are too ignorant to understand the law. I'll also repeat: there is no "equal protection" issue here, as EVERYONE has the exact same right to marry someone of the opposite sex. Prolly WAY too complex a concept for someone who relies on leftist talking points and scripts from HuffPo to comprehend.

Gay Marriage and the Limits of Tradition

BrianR.3 Wrote: Aug 31, 2014 6:06 PM
"Tinsldr2" What does that stand for? Tin solder? Like a hat? I think so...

Gay Marriage and the Limits of Tradition

BrianR.3 Wrote: Aug 31, 2014 6:05 PM
Completely irrelevant, as is the entire lame attempt to equate same-sex "marriage" with racial equal rights. A person's race is something over which they have no control. This is a matter of BEHAVIOR; what people DO. Society and the government have EVERY right to control that. Once people can change their skin color or ethnicity, THEN you may have some point there. Until that happens, no. Completely irrelevant.

Gay Marriage and the Limits of Tradition

BrianR.3 Wrote: Aug 31, 2014 5:54 PM
So I see, Darby.

Gay Marriage and the Limits of Tradition

BrianR.3 Wrote: Aug 31, 2014 5:49 PM
A little further down the thread, when challenged by me, Tinsldr2 stated that he sees no reason why a mother can't marry her adult son or daughter. As far as I'm concerned, there you have HIS philosophy in a nutshell....... literally a "nut" shell.

Gay Marriage and the Limits of Tradition

BrianR.3 Wrote: Aug 31, 2014 5:32 PM
Yet another burst of brain-dead babble, Tinsldr2. Society makes all kinds of laws regarding marriage, and they vary greatly from state to state, as I've already written several times. There is NO uniformity of those laws, and in fact marriage is properly a state issue to define, as it has been throughout our history. That's why the age of consent varies, as do many other requirements and qualifications. As to a "compelling government interest"? Any society has the authority to define a moral code of behavior, and its social mores. That's how a society defines itself. Under YOUR ignorant thesis, it's hard to think of ANY issue that unelected judges can't dictate by imperial fiat. Which makes them a ruling oligarchy; a tyranny.

Gay Marriage and the Limits of Tradition

BrianR.3 Wrote: Aug 31, 2014 5:05 PM
@Tinsldr2 Your "argument" is completely unintelligible. From what I can make out of it, the exact same issue could come into play vis-à-vis same-sex "marriages", if your point is a family's reaction to it. But your last line perfectly encapsulates your position. I will give you props for consistency, as stupid as your position is. To summarize, you don't believe that society has any right or power to define its own codes of behavior or social mores. Fine. History is replete with examples of how well that's always worked out in the past, which is why none of those societies are around anymore, and in fact most collapsed pretty quickly once a lack of any discernible social order set in.

Gay Marriage and the Limits of Tradition

BrianR.3 Wrote: Aug 31, 2014 4:40 PM
@MudontheTires Exactly! Well said.

Gay Marriage and the Limits of Tradition

BrianR.3 Wrote: Aug 31, 2014 4:38 PM
You're just repeating the same old garbage that didn't fly the first time around. And I notice that, just like all lefty morons, you didn't answer the question. So this time, answer it: Why can't Mom marry her adult son or daughter? Hmmmm...?