The CAP plan would eliminate deductions, close loopholes raise rates, implement new taxes, increase sales taxes, create new taxes... basically every form of a tax hike you can think of, all implemented on households with income above...
The rich aren't the target in the first place — the rich are, by definition, those who already have money. This is a tax on those ontheir way to becoming rich, at best. But the "target" isn't the victim. Those who are most easily hurt by a sluggish economy and high unemployment are.
Last week, the progressive think tank Center for American Progress (CAP) released their tax reform plan [pdf], supported by prominent left-wing budgeters and economists like Robert Rubin and Lawrence Summers. The net effect of this tax reform plan is a massive tax hike on "the rich" in order to fall far, far short of the revenue necessary to eliminate America's deficit.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- In Illinois and California, public servants skate in police abuse cases Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Will Utah be ground zero for nationwide gay marriage? Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Virginia cops hoping to bust teen for child pornography by, er, taking photos of his erect penis Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- NYT: Chelsea Clinton gets $75K per speech Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Ted Cruz declines to follow Palin’s lead in calling for Obama’s impeachment Allahpundit 5 hours ago