The CAP plan would eliminate deductions, close loopholes raise rates, implement new taxes, increase sales taxes, create new taxes... basically every form of a tax hike you can think of, all implemented on households with income above...
The rich aren't the target in the first place — the rich are, by definition, those who already have money. This is a tax on those ontheir way to becoming rich, at best. But the "target" isn't the victim. Those who are most easily hurt by a sluggish economy and high unemployment are.
Last week, the progressive think tank Center for American Progress (CAP) released their tax reform plan [pdf], supported by prominent left-wing budgeters and economists like Robert Rubin and Lawrence Summers. The net effect of this tax reform plan is a massive tax hike on "the rich" in order to fall far, far short of the revenue necessary to eliminate America's deficit.
- Great news: 36% of Americans can name all three branches of government Allahpundit 12 mins ago
- US Navy spying on private citizens? Ed Morrissey 52 mins ago
- Senate’s possible 2016 hopefuls gambling that ISIS war will be unpopular soon Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Biden to women’s conference: I miss Republicans like Bob Packwood Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Bob Beckel: Get ready for an October surprise, Republicans Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Cardinals clash over divorce, communion ahead of Vatican synod Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago