"Then you will know ..." Then? After what? How is this truth known? It is known after obeying all that Jesus commended. Therfore, the truth that is thus acquired can only be truth of the sort that is acquired in such a way. You will not thusly learn molecular chemistry, for instance, and therefore molecular chemistry is not the sort of truth that will set you free — at least so far as the meaning of this biblical citation. God's will is free. That musch is true. Beyond that (as far as what Rich said) is speculation, and what the apostle Paul called "running beyond," something he was very earnest to not do. It it would have been a bad idea for Paul to do, it is an even worse idea for Rich to do.
- NRLC Interview: NH Senate candidate Karen Testerman Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 17:1-9 Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Quotes of the Day Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- Would-be victim delivering pizza thwarts would-be robbery with her concealed weapon Erika Johnsen 17 hours ago
- The EPA is charging $75,000/day over a private citizen’s pond, but don’t you worry about their revisions to the Clean Water Act Erika Johnsen 18 hours ago