The answer, of course, is that it would cut back on the medications for children. Why? Because that would be what was most likely to get the budget cuts restored. If they cut back on building statues of Benedict Arnold, people might ask why they were building statues of...
A leader would say, "YES! Give me the ability to make the choices!" Some say, "but then he could be accused of making errors." People could say "You cut Wabbadue!" But that would not bother a leader. A leader would say, "Your darn right I cut it! And here's why: It was good for the country because . . . "
Back in my teaching days, many years ago, one of the things I liked to ask the class to consider was this: Imagine a government agency with only two tasks: (1) building statues of Benedict Arnold and (2) providing life-saving medications to children. If this agency's budget were cut, what would it do?
- Officer in Daniele Watts handcuff incident was responding to a call Jazz Shaw 52 mins ago
- Friendly reminder: Republicans could absolutely fail to win the Senate Guy Benson 1 hour ago
- Question for new “View” co-host Nicolle Wallace: When did you just want to pop Palin? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Bad news from Pelosi: Republicans winning the Senate would be the end of civilization Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- NATO begins military exercises in Ukraine Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- New State Department semantic fun: Are we “coordinating” with Iran against ISIS or not? Allahpundit 4 hours ago