The answer, of course, is that it would cut back on the medications for children. Why? Because that would be what was most likely to get the budget cuts restored. If they cut back on building statues of Benedict Arnold, people might ask why they were building statues of...
A leader would say, "YES! Give me the ability to make the choices!" Some say, "but then he could be accused of making errors." People could say "You cut Wabbadue!" But that would not bother a leader. A leader would say, "Your darn right I cut it! And here's why: It was good for the country because . . . "
Back in my teaching days, many years ago, one of the things I liked to ask the class to consider was this: Imagine a government agency with only two tasks: (1) building statues of Benedict Arnold and (2) providing life-saving medications to children. If this agency's budget were cut, what would it do?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Kochs’ next dastardly deed: Creating good public defenders for low-income accused Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Reading the early voting tea leaves: Republicans closing the gap Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- White House to red-state Democrats: Don’t blame Precious if you lose Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- ISIS mortar shells now landing in Baghdad’s Green Zone Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- SCOTUS to consider police searches of hotel registries Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago