The answer, of course, is that it would cut back on the medications for children. Why? Because that would be what was most likely to get the budget cuts restored. If they cut back on building statues of Benedict Arnold, people might ask why they were building statues of...
A leader would say, "YES! Give me the ability to make the choices!" Some say, "but then he could be accused of making errors." People could say "You cut Wabbadue!" But that would not bother a leader. A leader would say, "Your darn right I cut it! And here's why: It was good for the country because . . . "
Back in my teaching days, many years ago, one of the things I liked to ask the class to consider was this: Imagine a government agency with only two tasks: (1) building statues of Benedict Arnold and (2) providing life-saving medications to children. If this agency's budget were cut, what would it do?
- Eric Cantor gives up, will resign from Congress early Noah Rothman 49 minutes ago
- 72-Hour ceasefire in Gaza lasted just 90 minutes Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Ebola: First case coming to America Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Wisconsin Supreme Court upholds Gov. Scott Walker’s signature Act 10 in its entirety Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Is Romney poised for a comeback? Allahpundit 13 hours ago