The answer, of course, is that it would cut back on the medications for children. Why? Because that would be what was most likely to get the budget cuts restored. If they cut back on building statues of Benedict Arnold, people might ask why they were building statues of...
A leader would say, "YES! Give me the ability to make the choices!" Some say, "but then he could be accused of making errors." People could say "You cut Wabbadue!" But that would not bother a leader. A leader would say, "Your darn right I cut it! And here's why: It was good for the country because . . . "
Back in my teaching days, many years ago, one of the things I liked to ask the class to consider was this: Imagine a government agency with only two tasks: (1) building statues of Benedict Arnold and (2) providing life-saving medications to children. If this agency's budget were cut, what would it do?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- By the way: U.S. troops have landed in West Africa to fight Ebola Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Cheer up, Eric Holder: You’re only the third-most-hated Obama Cabinet official Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- Hot Air returns to the Vatican Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- Rand Paul’s become acceptably hawkish for a prospective GOP nominee, says … John McCain Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- State’s Marie Harf: ISIS couldn’t even have predicted how powerful ISIS would become Noah Rothman 10 hours ago