The answer, of course, is that it would cut back on the medications for children. Why? Because that would be what was most likely to get the budget cuts restored. If they cut back on building statues of Benedict Arnold, people might ask why they were building statues of...
A leader would say, "YES! Give me the ability to make the choices!" Some say, "but then he could be accused of making errors." People could say "You cut Wabbadue!" But that would not bother a leader. A leader would say, "Your darn right I cut it! And here's why: It was good for the country because . . . "
Back in my teaching days, many years ago, one of the things I liked to ask the class to consider was this: Imagine a government agency with only two tasks: (1) building statues of Benedict Arnold and (2) providing life-saving medications to children. If this agency's budget were cut, what would it do?
- Chris Christie thinks Putin wouldn’t test him like he does Obama, and that’s driving liberals nuts Noah Rothman 20 mins ago
- U.K. graciously declines to charge parents arrested for trying to save their child’s life Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Biden: “It’s time to take back America!” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Rand Paul: Let’s smash ISIS Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- The obligatory “celebrity nudes hacked” post Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Question for the State Department after Sotloff’s murder: Are we at war with ISIS yet? Allahpundit 3 hours ago