It occurred during the first term of perhaps the most staunchly anti-Communist president America has ever had, Ronald Reagan, an advocate of robust military power. And how did Reagan respond? He called it a "crime against humanity," and then, um, postponed...
The people may not of held it against Pres. Reagan for how he reacted to the Soviets and the Lebanon Barracks bombing, but the media did. The msm are not criticizing Pres. Obama's foreign policy decisions at the same level they criticized Republican Presidents. Both Reagan and Obama have made mistakes, it would nice to see a msm give somewhat equal levels of criticism. Dreaming.
On Aug. 31, 1983, a South Korean airliner flying from New York to Seoul drifted off course and entered Soviet airspace. After tracking the civilian plane for more than two hours, Soviet fighter pilots were told to shoot it down. They did, killing 269 people, including 60 Americans. It was one of the most shocking atrocities of the Cold War.
- All in: Red-state Democrat Mark Pryor launches rare pro-ObamaCare midterm ad Allahpundit 21 mins ago
- Audio: And now a word from Mike Ditka about this Redskins “horsesh*t” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Elizabeth Warren on Hillary Clinton’s qualifications for 2016: No comment. Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Fox News source: Wilson was “beaten very severely” before shooting Michael Brown Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Survey USA shows GOP prospects brightening in Georgia Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Mitch McConnell’s empty promise: We’ll force Obama to rein in government or else risk a shutdown Allahpundit 3 hours ago