The answer was yes. They explained that they had strongly supported Ronald Reagan, and then they supported George H.W. Bush because they had supported Reagan, and then supported George...
In response to:
No, no, NO to another Bush! The Bush republicans destroyed the Reagan revolution and the party brand of limited government and limited interventionism. They enabled Democrats to expand the welfare state. The Ron Paul types and Tea Party movement started partly because of them. No more Bushes!
In January 2008, at a John McCain rally in Columbia, S.C., I asked a number of local politicos to look back to the brutal 2000 Republican primary in their state, the one between McCain and George W. Bush. They had all supported Bush back then, and I asked whether, given the inconclusive wars, runaway federal spending and economic catastrophe of the next eight years, they felt they made the right choice.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- John Roberts doesn’t believe either Scalia or Ginsburg could be confirmed today Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Publisher rips New York Times for snubbing David Limbaugh’s book Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- How to lose a war before it begins Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago