Suppose I saw an elderly woman painfully huddled on a heating grate in the dead of winter. She's hungry and in...
As usual, Mr Williams is spot on. Only thing I would add is the tie-in with the 'social justice' crowd. I've always invisioned the good Lord asking Ms Pelosi - "what did you do to help the poor". Well Lord, I sponsored a government program aimed at social justice" Jesus's word were directed towards individuals, not governments. I don't think just supporting a program that uses resouces from someone else is going to score any moral points.
Benjamin Franklin, statesman and signer of our Declaration of Independence, said: "Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters." John Adams, another signer, echoed a similar statement: "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." Are today's Americans virtuous and moral, or have we become corrupt and vicious? Let's think it through with a few questions.
- Hannity: Bundy’s comments on race are beyond repugnant to me Allahpundit 30 minutes ago
- Should the GOP push to lower the drinking age to 18? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Harry Reid: I call on Republican leaders to denounce this hateful racist Bundy Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Report: Oregon is about to give up on its ObamaCare exchange Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Captain Kirk: Give Hillary the conn Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Dumb new controversy: Should the 9/11 Museum mention jihad? Allahpundit 3 hours ago