Suppose I saw an elderly woman painfully huddled on a heating grate in the dead of winter. She's hungry and in...
As usual, Mr Williams is spot on. Only thing I would add is the tie-in with the 'social justice' crowd. I've always invisioned the good Lord asking Ms Pelosi - "what did you do to help the poor". Well Lord, I sponsored a government program aimed at social justice" Jesus's word were directed towards individuals, not governments. I don't think just supporting a program that uses resouces from someone else is going to score any moral points.
Benjamin Franklin, statesman and signer of our Declaration of Independence, said: "Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters." John Adams, another signer, echoed a similar statement: "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." Are today's Americans virtuous and moral, or have we become corrupt and vicious? Let's think it through with a few questions.
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 4 minutes ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Welfare reform is officially on life support in NYC Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Why won’t the White House explain how off-budget ObamaCare money got spent? Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Are bans on high capacity magazines constitutional? Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 17 hours ago