Suppose I saw an elderly woman painfully huddled on a heating grate in the dead of winter. She's hungry and in...
As usual, Mr Williams is spot on. Only thing I would add is the tie-in with the 'social justice' crowd. I've always invisioned the good Lord asking Ms Pelosi - "what did you do to help the poor". Well Lord, I sponsored a government program aimed at social justice" Jesus's word were directed towards individuals, not governments. I don't think just supporting a program that uses resouces from someone else is going to score any moral points.
Benjamin Franklin, statesman and signer of our Declaration of Independence, said: "Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters." John Adams, another signer, echoed a similar statement: "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." Are today's Americans virtuous and moral, or have we become corrupt and vicious? Let's think it through with a few questions.
- Video: Ukraine parliament approves EU pact, eastern autonomy as fighting continues Ed Morrissey 52 mins ago
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Ron Fournier, Aaron Klein, Fr. Bill Miscamble Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Great news: On taxes, the US beats France, Portugal, and … that’s about it Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Boehner: Obama’s request for authorization to arm the Syrian “moderates” is a sound one Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Did Clinton trash Netanyahu … or Arafat and Abbas? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- NBC News: We’re sure ISIS war will help Obama in the midterms, even if Obama isn’t Noah Rothman 3 hours ago