As the Fiscal Times' Liz Peek writes, "taxpayers should demand that Congress scrap this monstrosity and start over." Indeed, there's a significant push to do just that - Congressional Republicans have refused to make reauthorization of...
Your counterargument please. Farm subsidies are corruption resulting from the unfair weight rural voters in most parts of the world have. A farm is a commercial enterprise no different from a bicycle factory and deserves to be treated as such.
One of the biggest atrocities committed by Congress is the easy passage of the Farm Bill. About once every five years, an omnibus bill passes with a massive price tag. The last one, the Food, Conservation, and Energy Act of 2008, cost $228 billion. The iteration making its way through Congress right now costs 60% more and is over 1000 pages long.
- Video: How to get kicked out of a Clay Aiken fundraiser Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- U.S. to announce ground troops to Poland, says… Polish defense minister Mary Katharine Ham 14 hours ago
- Rand Paul to Harry Reid: Simmer down with the “domestic terrorist” rhetoric about Bundy’s supporters Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- Snowden: I asked Putin that softball question on surveillance to start a public debate in Russia Allahpundit 16 hours ago
- The Obama admin is delaying the Keystone XL review process through the election. Yes, again. Erika Johnsen 17 hours ago