As the Fiscal Times' Liz Peek writes, "taxpayers should demand that Congress scrap this monstrosity and start over." Indeed, there's a significant push to do just that - Congressional Republicans have refused to make reauthorization of...
Your counterargument please. Farm subsidies are corruption resulting from the unfair weight rural voters in most parts of the world have. A farm is a commercial enterprise no different from a bicycle factory and deserves to be treated as such.
One of the biggest atrocities committed by Congress is the easy passage of the Farm Bill. About once every five years, an omnibus bill passes with a massive price tag. The last one, the Food, Conservation, and Energy Act of 2008, cost $228 billion. The iteration making its way through Congress right now costs 60% more and is over 1000 pages long.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Video: President shops at Gap same day his party loses bellwether election in swing state Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Sheila Jackson Lee: We’ve lasted some 400 years operating under the Constitution… Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- Sebelius: Why, no, we have no idea who’s paid for their ObamaCare plans Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Tesla: Chris Christie’s administration just blocked us from selling our cars in New Jersey Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Obama to Putin: It’s not too late to rethink this Crimea thing, you know Allahpundit 9 hours ago