As the Fiscal Times' Liz Peek writes, "taxpayers should demand that Congress scrap this monstrosity and start over." Indeed, there's a significant push to do just that - Congressional Republicans have refused to make reauthorization of...
Your counterargument please. Farm subsidies are corruption resulting from the unfair weight rural voters in most parts of the world have. A farm is a commercial enterprise no different from a bicycle factory and deserves to be treated as such.
One of the biggest atrocities committed by Congress is the easy passage of the Farm Bill. About once every five years, an omnibus bill passes with a massive price tag. The last one, the Food, Conservation, and Energy Act of 2008, cost $228 billion. The iteration making its way through Congress right now costs 60% more and is over 1000 pages long.
- Rick Perry: It’s entirely possible that ISIS has already crossed the southern border Allahpundit 40 mins ago
- “Today is a miraculous day”: Dr. Kent Brantly speaks after recovering from Ebola Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- YouGov poll: Most Americans, and most Democrats, do not wish Hillary had won in 2008 Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Report: Obama’s Bergdahl swap violated the law Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Journalist quits Ferguson after denouncing the media’s behavior Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Ben Rhodes: We won’t necessarily limit our airstrikes against ISIS to Iraq Allahpundit 4 hours ago