As the Fiscal Times' Liz Peek writes, "taxpayers should demand that Congress scrap this monstrosity and start over." Indeed, there's a significant push to do just that - Congressional Republicans have refused to make reauthorization of...
Your counterargument please. Farm subsidies are corruption resulting from the unfair weight rural voters in most parts of the world have. A farm is a commercial enterprise no different from a bicycle factory and deserves to be treated as such.
One of the biggest atrocities committed by Congress is the easy passage of the Farm Bill. About once every five years, an omnibus bill passes with a massive price tag. The last one, the Food, Conservation, and Energy Act of 2008, cost $228 billion. The iteration making its way through Congress right now costs 60% more and is over 1000 pages long.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Video: The solution to the campus sexual assault crisis Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Obama’s ISIS Tap Dance Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Rumor du jour: House GOP working on “punishment” for votes against Boehner as Speaker Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Ukraine, rebels agree on buffer zone, withdrawal of foreign troops and “mercenaries” Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Could Louisiana elect an 87 year old Democrat felon to Congress? Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago