Those who talk glibly about redistribution often act as if people are just inert objects that can be placed here and there, like pieces on a chess board, to carry out some grand design. But if human beings have their own responses to government policies,...
Great point. What law would a liberal propose that would have any success in changing the behavior of corporate boards who desire to hire the most talented person they can get by offering large compensation packages and bonuses? If they could even describe, let alone create such a law, how would it not have negative repurcussions that harm the very poor they think it would help?
The recently discovered tape on which Barack Obama said back in 1998 that he believes in redistribution is not really news. He said the same thing to Joe the Plumber four years ago. But the surfacing of this tape may serve a useful purpose if it gets people to thinking about what the consequences of redistribution are.
- Let’s play ‘What if a GOP’er Said It’ with Harry Reid’s racially insensitive jokes Noah Rothman 26 mins ago
- NATO: Russia has moved artillery units and personnel into Ukraine Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Hamas executes “collaborators” as Israeli air strikes target leadership Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- White House: That round of golf after the Foley video was released doesn’t show the depth of Obama’s grief Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Poll: As Scott Brown pounds on immigration, NH Senate race closes to statistical tie Guy Benson 3 hours ago
- Conservative columnists agree: Go to war in Iraq and Syria, don’t occupy them Noah Rothman 3 hours ago