Those who talk glibly about redistribution often act as if people are just inert objects that can be placed here and there, like pieces on a chess board, to carry out some grand design. But if human beings have their own responses to government policies,...
Great point. What law would a liberal propose that would have any success in changing the behavior of corporate boards who desire to hire the most talented person they can get by offering large compensation packages and bonuses? If they could even describe, let alone create such a law, how would it not have negative repurcussions that harm the very poor they think it would help?
The recently discovered tape on which Barack Obama said back in 1998 that he believes in redistribution is not really news. He said the same thing to Joe the Plumber four years ago. But the surfacing of this tape may serve a useful purpose if it gets people to thinking about what the consequences of redistribution are.
- CBS poll: GOP lead in generic Congressional ballot similar to final 2010 poll Ed Morrissey 31 mins ago
- Less than a week before the midterms, Obama backs off deportations of illegal immigrants Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Video: Doctor quarantined in California after return from Liberia Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Science: Nobel Prize-winning doctor backs Christie’s quarantine plan Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- The middle class can’t afford to live in liberal cities Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago