President Obama rehashed many familiar themes this evening, calling on Congress to act on a host of issues -- and vowing to take unilateral executive action if they fail to sufficiently address his priorities. A few passages were newsworthy: Obama denounced the looming sequester cuts, voiced support for "modest" Medicare reforms, called for another stimulus, resurrected cap and trade, pushed comprehensive immigration reform, backed a national hike in the minimum wage, announced another major troop draw-down in Afghanistan, and insisted that Congress allow up-or-down votes on a series of gun control measures. As is his habit, the president was...
The TRUE minimum wage is now, always has been, and always will be $0 / per hour for all those who are unemployed. Forcing employers to pay more for their least-skilled employed workers only reduces the net number of people they can actually hire, which puts more people unable to enter the workforce on the true minimum wage of $0/per hour.
- Venezuela to US: You should probably come participate in a “peace commission” on all this violence you’ve caused Erika Johnsen 48 minutes ago
- The most dangerous wedding photo evah? Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Exit polls show Crimea annexation wins 93% of vote while under Russian occupation Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- NRLC Interview – Joe Scarborough Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- And your latest straw poll winner is… Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- NRLC Interview: NH Senate candidate Karen Testerman Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago