President Obama rehashed many familiar themes this evening, calling on Congress to act on a host of issues -- and vowing to take unilateral executive action if they fail to sufficiently address his priorities. A few passages were newsworthy: Obama denounced the looming sequester cuts, voiced support for "modest" Medicare reforms, called for another stimulus, resurrected cap and trade, pushed comprehensive immigration reform, backed a national hike in the minimum wage, announced another major troop draw-down in Afghanistan, and insisted that Congress allow up-or-down votes on a series of gun control measures. As is his habit, the president was...
The TRUE minimum wage is now, always has been, and always will be $0 / per hour for all those who are unemployed. Forcing employers to pay more for their least-skilled employed workers only reduces the net number of people they can actually hire, which puts more people unable to enter the workforce on the true minimum wage of $0/per hour.
- The EPA confirms: GHG emissions are down, largely thanks to… Erika Johnsen 38 minutes ago
- CBO: Uhm, about Obama’s FY2015 budget proposal… it’s way more expensive than the White House claimed Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Jay Carney: The toughest interview Obama had in 2012 was with … Jon Stewart Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Be of good cheer, subjects: An heir to the throne is due Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Megan McArdle goes off on suspicious Census Bureau/Obamacare methodology switch Guy Benson 3 hours ago
- Chris Christie on punishing drug users: If we’re going to be pro-life, let’s be pro-life all the way Allahpundit 3 hours ago