President Obama rehashed many familiar themes this evening, calling on Congress to act on a host of issues -- and vowing to take unilateral executive action if they fail to sufficiently address his priorities. A few passages were newsworthy: Obama denounced the looming sequester cuts, voiced support for "modest" Medicare reforms, called for another stimulus, resurrected cap and trade, pushed comprehensive immigration reform, backed a national hike in the minimum wage, announced another major troop draw-down in Afghanistan, and insisted that Congress allow up-or-down votes on a series of gun control measures. As is his habit, the president was...
The TRUE minimum wage is now, always has been, and always will be $0 / per hour for all those who are unemployed. Forcing employers to pay more for their least-skilled employed workers only reduces the net number of people they can actually hire, which puts more people unable to enter the workforce on the true minimum wage of $0/per hour.
- Rise of Ebola and terrorism a perfect storm for the GOP? Noah Rothman 32 mins ago
- Report: Ebola cases starting to drop in Liberia Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Not exactly self-isolation: Ebola patient’s itinerary prompts questions about protocols Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Does Georgia vote Democratic in 2014? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Martha Coakley’s campaign seems to be in mid-collapse Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Half of Americans willing to pay zero additional dollars for EPA carbon regs Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago