President Obama rehashed many familiar themes this evening, calling on Congress to act on a host of issues -- and vowing to take unilateral executive action if they fail to sufficiently address his priorities. A few passages were newsworthy: Obama denounced the looming sequester cuts, voiced support for "modest" Medicare reforms, called for another stimulus, resurrected cap and trade, pushed comprehensive immigration reform, backed a national hike in the minimum wage, announced another major troop draw-down in Afghanistan, and insisted that Congress allow up-or-down votes on a series of gun control measures. As is his habit, the president was...
The TRUE minimum wage is now, always has been, and always will be $0 / per hour for all those who are unemployed. Forcing employers to pay more for their least-skilled employed workers only reduces the net number of people they can actually hire, which puts more people unable to enter the workforce on the true minimum wage of $0/per hour.
- Are the culture wars really just about sex? Ed Morrissey 37 minutes ago
- “A**holes”: Turns out Lois Lerner’s not a fan of conservative talk radio or its listeners Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- AP poll: 52% say border kids fleeing gang violence shouldn’t be treated as refugees Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- As Jews flee Europe, the sneering media admonished again Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Rebound: Q2 GDP hits 4% Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Americans unhappy with how Obama has managed the conflict in Gaza Noah Rothman 3 hours ago