HEMPSTEAD, NY - President Obama was noticeably sharper and more aggressive in tonight's debate, as both candidates exchanged barbs throughout the evening. Mitt Romney excelled by focusing on jobs, jobs, jobs, and repeatedly forcing voters to notice the canyon between Obama's rhetoric and his record. Romney's strongest answer came after Obama attempted to apply lipstick to his failed record in office. Romney unleashed a torrent of facts that pushed back forcefully against each and every one of those claims. It should be cut into an ad as soon as possible. Throughout the night, Romney was asked questions from the audience...
Obama talking about women's income inequality.. Oh god. If companies could actually pay women less than men for the same work, only women would be employed, especially in this economy where we're not at full employment. Companies would covet the opportunity to reduce their employment costs. Any statistical income inequality for women has been heavily linked to lifestyle choices (dropping out of the workforce to raise children, etc. working part-time by choice etc.) Romney's response isn't especially inspiring, either. He should be pointing out that even the Presidents administration doesn;t pay women 'fairly' by the Lilly Ledbetter stanard.
- Ukraine rebel leader: Yeah, we had a BUK system — and sent it back to Russia Ed Morrissey 33 minutes ago
- Did Cuomo obstruct his own anti-corruption crusade? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Planned Parenthood teen sex education: You could get tied to a tree … Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Paul Ryan, 2016? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Obama: I don’t watch the news because I usually already know the stuff they’re reporting Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Perdue grabs surprise runoff victory over Kingston in Georgia Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago