HEMPSTEAD, NY - President Obama was noticeably sharper and more aggressive in tonight's debate, as both candidates exchanged barbs throughout the evening. Mitt Romney excelled by focusing on jobs, jobs, jobs, and repeatedly forcing voters to notice the canyon between Obama's rhetoric and his record. Romney's strongest answer came after Obama attempted to apply lipstick to his failed record in office. Romney unleashed a torrent of facts that pushed back forcefully against each and every one of those claims. It should be cut into an ad as soon as possible. Throughout the night, Romney was asked questions from the audience...
Obama talking about women's income inequality.. Oh god. If companies could actually pay women less than men for the same work, only women would be employed, especially in this economy where we're not at full employment. Companies would covet the opportunity to reduce their employment costs. Any statistical income inequality for women has been heavily linked to lifestyle choices (dropping out of the workforce to raise children, etc. working part-time by choice etc.) Romney's response isn't especially inspiring, either. He should be pointing out that even the Presidents administration doesn;t pay women 'fairly' by the Lilly Ledbetter stanard.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- CNN poll: 58% oppose abortion in most or all cases Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Video: Rand Paul’s very libertarian speech at CPAC Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- RNC Chairman talks tactics, the GOP’s technological gap, and how the March for Life “was a little bit of a wake-up call” Dustin Siggins 9 hours ago