HEMPSTEAD, NY - President Obama was noticeably sharper and more aggressive in tonight's debate, as both candidates exchanged barbs throughout the evening. Mitt Romney excelled by focusing on jobs, jobs, jobs, and repeatedly forcing voters to notice the canyon between Obama's rhetoric and his record. Romney's strongest answer came after Obama attempted to apply lipstick to his failed record in office. Romney unleashed a torrent of facts that pushed back forcefully against each and every one of those claims. It should be cut into an ad as soon as possible. Throughout the night, Romney was asked questions from the audience...
Obama talking about women's income inequality.. Oh god. If companies could actually pay women less than men for the same work, only women would be employed, especially in this economy where we're not at full employment. Companies would covet the opportunity to reduce their employment costs. Any statistical income inequality for women has been heavily linked to lifestyle choices (dropping out of the workforce to raise children, etc. working part-time by choice etc.) Romney's response isn't especially inspiring, either. He should be pointing out that even the Presidents administration doesn;t pay women 'fairly' by the Lilly Ledbetter stanard.
- Dems: We’re keeping Pelosi even if we lose Ed Morrissey 27 mins ago
- Shaheen approves of Obama except when she doesn’t Jazz Shaw 57 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Kochs’ next dastardly deed: Creating good public defenders for low-income accused Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Reading the early voting tea leaves: Republicans closing the gap Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- White House to red-state Democrats: Don’t blame Precious if you lose Allahpundit 12 hours ago