HEMPSTEAD, NY - President Obama was noticeably sharper and more aggressive in tonight's debate, as both candidates exchanged barbs throughout the evening. Mitt Romney excelled by focusing on jobs, jobs, jobs, and repeatedly forcing voters to notice the canyon between Obama's rhetoric and his record. Romney's strongest answer came after Obama attempted to apply lipstick to his failed record in office. Romney unleashed a torrent of facts that pushed back forcefully against each and every one of those claims. It should be cut into an ad as soon as possible. Throughout the night, Romney was asked questions from the audience...
Obama talking about women's income inequality.. Oh god. If companies could actually pay women less than men for the same work, only women would be employed, especially in this economy where we're not at full employment. Companies would covet the opportunity to reduce their employment costs. Any statistical income inequality for women has been heavily linked to lifestyle choices (dropping out of the workforce to raise children, etc. working part-time by choice etc.) Romney's response isn't especially inspiring, either. He should be pointing out that even the Presidents administration doesn;t pay women 'fairly' by the Lilly Ledbetter stanard.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Feds put kibosh on self-driving cars, plane sharing Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- It’s come to this: The War on Bacon is real Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- America in crisis: Should airline passengers be allowed to use “Knee Defender” to stop seats from reclining? Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Mitt Romney: Sure, there’s a chance I’ll run again Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Rubio sends letter to Obama: This executive amnesty will destroy immigration reform for the foreseeable future Allahpundit 11 hours ago