HEMPSTEAD, NY - President Obama was noticeably sharper and more aggressive in tonight's debate, as both candidates exchanged barbs throughout the evening. Mitt Romney excelled by focusing on jobs, jobs, jobs, and repeatedly forcing voters to notice the canyon between Obama's rhetoric and his record. Romney's strongest answer came after Obama attempted to apply lipstick to his failed record in office. Romney unleashed a torrent of facts that pushed back forcefully against each and every one of those claims. It should be cut into an ad as soon as possible. Throughout the night, Romney was asked questions from the audience...
Obama talking about women's income inequality.. Oh god. If companies could actually pay women less than men for the same work, only women would be employed, especially in this economy where we're not at full employment. Companies would covet the opportunity to reduce their employment costs. Any statistical income inequality for women has been heavily linked to lifestyle choices (dropping out of the workforce to raise children, etc. working part-time by choice etc.) Romney's response isn't especially inspiring, either. He should be pointing out that even the Presidents administration doesn;t pay women 'fairly' by the Lilly Ledbetter stanard.
- US Attorney to Cuomo: Witness tampering and obstruction are still illegal, you know Ed Morrissey 17 minutes ago
- House GOP abandons border crisis bill, can’t find 218 votes; Update: One more try? Allahpundit 58 minutes ago
- ObamaCare caused some premiums to nearly double in California Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- CIA confesses: Yeah, we hacked the Senate’s computers Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Bill Clinton, September 10, 2001: I could have killed Bin Laden once but called it off because of civilian casualties Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Is Hamas calling it quits? Noah Rothman 3 hours ago