HEMPSTEAD, NY - President Obama was noticeably sharper and more aggressive in tonight's debate, as both candidates exchanged barbs throughout the evening. Mitt Romney excelled by focusing on jobs, jobs, jobs, and repeatedly forcing voters to notice the canyon between Obama's rhetoric and his record. Romney's strongest answer came after Obama attempted to apply lipstick to his failed record in office. Romney unleashed a torrent of facts that pushed back forcefully against each and every one of those claims. It should be cut into an ad as soon as possible. Throughout the night, Romney was asked questions from the audience...
Obama talking about women's income inequality.. Oh god. If companies could actually pay women less than men for the same work, only women would be employed, especially in this economy where we're not at full employment. Companies would covet the opportunity to reduce their employment costs. Any statistical income inequality for women has been heavily linked to lifestyle choices (dropping out of the workforce to raise children, etc. working part-time by choice etc.) Romney's response isn't especially inspiring, either. He should be pointing out that even the Presidents administration doesn;t pay women 'fairly' by the Lilly Ledbetter stanard.
- Victory! Boys born as boys can shower with girls in Kentucky school Jazz Shaw 52 mins ago
- Prosecutor: Suspect in Oklahoma beheading uttered Arabic words during attack Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Poll: Overwhelming majority of Republicans now describe themselves as “hawks” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Another federal court strikes Obamacare subsidies on federal exchanges Gabriel Malor 2 hours ago
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Brian Barcaro, Joel Pollak Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Name That Operation? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago