Responding to a presidential State of the Union speech is often a thankless task. Following the president's act, which oozes prestige and historic significance, almost always makes the next guy seem small and trivial by comparison. As it goes, the designated member of the opposition party is typically holed up in a room somewhere with little more than a camera, some lights and a teleprompter. The rejoinder he or she offers is almost always instantly forgotten; when it's not, it's usually for the wrong reasons. Sen. Marco Rubio broke the mold last night. He delivered a substantive, relatable and...
Doesn't really matter in my opinion, I do think Rubio would have a better chance of winning as the top of the ticket. Rubio is a much better natural communicator and Paul would be great as the bulldog VP.
- Remind me again, why isn’t Condi Rice running for president? Allahpundit 12 mins ago
- Following Scotland’s lead: 25% of USA residents open to breaking away Noah Rothman 52 mins ago
- Video: Does watching NFL games make you an ‘enabler’ of domestic violence? Guy Benson 1 hour ago
- Video: Remy solves “the ISIS crisis” as only he can Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- TEMS Friday: Guest-hosting for Hugh Hewitt! Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- AP: CIA given stand-down order in Europe Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago