Responding to a presidential State of the Union speech is often a thankless task. Following the president's act, which oozes prestige and historic significance, almost always makes the next guy seem small and trivial by comparison. As it goes, the designated member of the opposition party is typically holed up in a room somewhere with little more than a camera, some lights and a teleprompter. The rejoinder he or she offers is almost always instantly forgotten; when it's not, it's usually for the wrong reasons. Sen. Marco Rubio broke the mold last night. He delivered a substantive, relatable and...
Loiso....How exactly will more government and more taxes make the standard of living go up for bartenders and cashiers?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Video: Shep vs. Earnest Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- In New York City, a safety regulation makes the streets less safe Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Federal investigators find no connection between Christie and Bridgegate Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Boehner: You know what would help our economy? Immigration reform Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- White House: It’s not combat, but US troops will return fire if they’re shot at… Noah Rothman 7 hours ago