Responding to a presidential State of the Union speech is often a thankless task. Following the president's act, which oozes prestige and historic significance, almost always makes the next guy seem small and trivial by comparison. As it goes, the designated member of the opposition party is typically holed up in a room somewhere with little more than a camera, some lights and a teleprompter. The rejoinder he or she offers is almost always instantly forgotten; when it's not, it's usually for the wrong reasons. Sen. Marco Rubio broke the mold last night. He delivered a substantive, relatable and...
Loiso....How exactly will more government and more taxes make the standard of living go up for bartenders and cashiers?
- The most dangerous wedding photo evah? Jazz Shaw 41 minutes ago
- Exit polls show Crimea annexation wins 93% of vote while under Russian occupation Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- NRLC Interview – Joe Scarborough Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- And your latest straw poll winner is… Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- NRLC Interview: NH Senate candidate Karen Testerman Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 17:1-9 Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago