Responding to a presidential State of the Union speech is often a thankless task. Following the president's act, which oozes prestige and historic significance, almost always makes the next guy seem small and trivial by comparison. As it goes, the designated member of the opposition party is typically holed up in a room somewhere with little more than a camera, some lights and a teleprompter. The rejoinder he or she offers is almost always instantly forgotten; when it's not, it's usually for the wrong reasons. Sen. Marco Rubio broke the mold last night. He delivered a substantive, relatable and...
I hate to tell you this, but if a liberal is coming on this board, they are most likely trolling.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- DeBlasio faces three lawsuits for trying to shut down charter schools Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- European countries to US: Give us your gas Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Venezuelan protesters digging in for the long haul Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Maybe we should talk about “True Detective” instead Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Finally: Young liberals ready to explain the news to America Allahpundit 5 hours ago