I don't claim one way or the other, however it is what it is. In the end, many more lives could have been lost over continuous wars between the two countries. Who knows? Lincoln was doing what he thought was right and our country has done much good since then.
Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln" has been a box-office hit and nominated for 12 Academy Awards, including best picture, best director and best actor for Daniel Day-Lewis, who portrayed our 16th president. I haven't seen the movie; therefore, this column is not about the movie but about a man deified by many. My colleague Thomas DiLorenzo, economics professor at Loyola University Maryland, exposed some of the Lincoln myth in his 2006 book, "Lincoln Unmasked." Now comes Joseph Fallon, cultural intelligence analyst and former U.S. Army Intelligence Center instructor, with his new e-book, "Lincoln Uncensored." Fallon's book examines 10 volumes of collected writings and...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: “The Newsroom” final season invites you to relive hackneyed debates of 2013 Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Video: First case of Ebola found in the US Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Romney on 2016: “We’ve got a lot of people looking at the race. We’ll see what happens.” Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- NFL apologizes for penalizing player who prayed in end zone Jeff Dunetz 4 hours ago
- Should the next AG be … Republican? Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago