Back in 2008, Candidate Obama ran for president on a platform of change, including promises of government transparency, the likes of which we'd never seen before. Of course, countless scandals -- from Solyndra to Fast and Furious -- prove that we're still not seeing that transparency. However, several Republican lawmakers are out to force the president to meet his own standards. They're introducing legislation that would bar the president from passing any "midnight resolutions," orders lame duck presidents issue in the last minutes of executive office.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Kochs’ next dastardly deed: Creating good public defenders for low-income accused Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Reading the early voting tea leaves: Republicans closing the gap Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- White House to red-state Democrats: Don’t blame Precious if you lose Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- ISIS mortar shells now landing in Baghdad’s Green Zone Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- SCOTUS to consider police searches of hotel registries Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago