The reason is that, while income tax rates have been largely preserved outside of upper income-earners, payroll taxes are going up on everyone by 2%. In 2011, Congress passed a one-year extension of a temporary payroll tax cut, from 6.2% to 4.2%. It's heading back to 6.2%,...
In response to:
It's not a payroll tax, it's a Ponzi tax!
Both the Senate and the House passed legislation yesterday to avert and delay the fiscal cliff. But make no mistake - every worker on a company payroll is going to see a tax increase. Take a close look at the first paycheck of 2013 and compare it with the last one of 2012.
- Obama’s pathetic border crisis blame shifting Noah Rothman 26 minutes ago
- Israel escalates offensive in Gaza, Hamas rocket commander killed Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Video: Hot Air interview with Marco Rubio on border crisis, Hobby Lobby Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- In Illinois and California, public servants skate in police abuse cases Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Will Utah be ground zero for nationwide gay marriage? Noah Rothman 13 hours ago