The reason is that, while income tax rates have been largely preserved outside of upper income-earners, payroll taxes are going up on everyone by 2%. In 2011, Congress passed a one-year extension of a temporary payroll tax cut, from 6.2% to 4.2%. It's heading back to 6.2%,...
In response to:
It's not a payroll tax, it's a Ponzi tax!
Both the Senate and the House passed legislation yesterday to avert and delay the fiscal cliff. But make no mistake - every worker on a company payroll is going to see a tax increase. Take a close look at the first paycheck of 2013 and compare it with the last one of 2012.
- Texas jury finds dad not guilty in mysterious shooting of drunk driver who killed his two sons Allahpundit 17 mins ago
- Unidentified senator to Kirsten Gillibrand: “Don’t lose too much weight now. I like my girls chubby.” Allahpundit 58 mins ago
- Liberal magazine cautions journalists WH playing them with shutdown fears, is ignored Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Awful: Nine-year-old girl accidentally shoots instructor with Uzi Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Poll: Walker’s lead grows with registered voters…but he trails among likely voters? Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- CBO revises estimate, warns U.S. economic growth will underwhelm in 2014 Noah Rothman 3 hours ago