The AMA has become an institution of itself and for itself. It is not and has not been the true voice of the american physicians. It is becoming, in fact, self -destructive to be a member. It needs to step aside.
In the aftermath of the Obama presidential election, healthcare reform became an intensely debated political issue, and the American Medical Association (AMA) had a difficult time deciding their position on the Affordable Care Act (ACA, Obamacare). In 2009, the AMA initially announced that they could not support President Obama'a plan for healthcare reform. One week later, they abruptly reversed course, proclaiming that they were completely behind his plan; support which proved critical for passage of this bill. Two weeks ago, the AMA announced their version of a premium support plan for Medicare, which would be introduced and debated during their...
- Video: Obama warns Russia of “cost” in Crimea Ed Morrissey 21 minutes ago
- Did Flight 370 continue for four more hours in flight? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- McClatchy: White House hiding 9,000 documents from Senate probe of CIA Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Video: President shops at Gap same day his party loses bellwether election in swing state Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Sheila Jackson Lee: We’ve lasted some 400 years operating under the Constitution… Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago