The AMA has become an institution of itself and for itself. It is not and has not been the true voice of the american physicians. It is becoming, in fact, self -destructive to be a member. It needs to step aside.
In the aftermath of the Obama presidential election, healthcare reform became an intensely debated political issue, and the American Medical Association (AMA) had a difficult time deciding their position on the Affordable Care Act (ACA, Obamacare). In 2009, the AMA initially announced that they could not support President Obama'a plan for healthcare reform. One week later, they abruptly reversed course, proclaiming that they were completely behind his plan; support which proved critical for passage of this bill. Two weeks ago, the AMA announced their version of a premium support plan for Medicare, which would be introduced and debated during their...
- Florida dad who beat son’s alleged molester to a pulp: I went to get a butcher knife to finish him off Allahpundit 18 minutes ago
- ISIS Update: Sophisticated strategic advance puts Baghdad in the crosshairs Noah Rothman 58 minutes ago
- Ways and Means Committee: We’ve learned that Lois Lerner’s hard drive was scratched — but data was recoverable Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- The value in silence: disconnection and recollection Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Semi-retired president reluctantly decides now’s not the time for a Jimmy Kimmel guest shot Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Madeleine Albright: Hamas putting civilians in line of fire hurts Israel’s ‘moral authority’ Noah Rothman 3 hours ago