The AMA has become an institution of itself and for itself. It is not and has not been the true voice of the american physicians. It is becoming, in fact, self -destructive to be a member. It needs to step aside.
In the aftermath of the Obama presidential election, healthcare reform became an intensely debated political issue, and the American Medical Association (AMA) had a difficult time deciding their position on the Affordable Care Act (ACA, Obamacare). In 2009, the AMA initially announced that they could not support President Obama'a plan for healthcare reform. One week later, they abruptly reversed course, proclaiming that they were completely behind his plan; support which proved critical for passage of this bill. Two weeks ago, the AMA announced their version of a premium support plan for Medicare, which would be introduced and debated during their...
- Breaking: Pentagon reports first airstrikes in Syria Mary Katharine Ham 24 mins ago
- Issa: Americans deserve to hear from Lerner under oath, not in the press Mary Katharine Ham 43 mins ago
- Poll: Plurality now think businesses that provide wedding services should be required to serve gay weddings too Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Poet: I would have died for my aborted daughter’s right to choose, just like she died for mine Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Resurrected monster General Motors is still killing people Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Video: This is the man a malaise-stricken America needs right now Allahpundit 3 hours ago